Lonely Trunk Soon To Be Filled! [Car Audio]
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lonely Trunk Soon To Be Filled! [Car Audio] within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; My sound system is soon to be complete! I've had a box and wires sitting in my trunk for quite ...

Lonely Trunk Soon To Be Filled! [Car Audio]

My sound system is soon to be complete!

I've had a box and wires sitting in my trunk for quite some time, and they will finally be put to use when my amplifier and subwoofer arrive in a few days.

My trunk literally has a "lonely" look to it, with the loose wires and empty box sitting there. I bought the box a while ago, but deciding on an amp and sub combination took some time. My friend and I wired the car for installation weeks ago, too, so it's been ready for some time. Within the next week, I'll also be wiring in a 1-farad capacitor.

Here's a "before" picture... so sad and empty... and in a few days I'll have a good "after" picture for display.

Audio Specs
    Head unit: '03 Alpine CDA9811
    Amplifier: '04 MTX Thunder502
    -RMS power: 500w
    -Peak power: 1000w
    Subwoofer: '03 MTX Thunder8000 12"
    -RMS power rating: 400w
    -Peak power rating: 800w
    Capacitor: Tsunami 1-farad
    Wires: Legacy 4-guage
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails open trunk.jpg  
    Last edited by hamz01; 07-25-2004 at 02:46 PM.
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice setup...I would like to see more people to show off their car audio equiment. I'm getting my car setup for a system as well, so I would like to see what people have done to their WRX's. Trying to get some idea of the sub setup, front stage, and hu's. Keep 'em coming guys
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

What're you using for your system? Do you know yet or are you still researching?
    Brandon
    '11 WRX 5-Door, Dark Gray Metallic

I've got an Alpine CDA-7998, Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5 Components, Infinity Kappa Perfect 12" Sub, Audiovox Sirius Satellite Radio, Kicker KX800.4 Amp. I wanna check out if there is any body that is into SQ for WRXs and what they have done to get the best sound possible.

I just bought the headunit for my up and coming system, it's a Panasonic CQ-DVR909U - in-dash CD/DVD/DVD-Audio/SACD unit with a built-in center speaker. I am debating about something along the lines of the mattjk screen as of right now, but as for the rest of the audio, I'm gonna get Infinity Kappa's all around with some decent amp, and I've got a 12" Kicker CompVR and an Orion Cobalt 150.2 amp for that. I'm also going to get either a 6 or 8 CD Panasonic changer as I have read that the HU isn't the friendliest to CD-R's, plus I like having a bunch of CD's available at once without having to do a bunch of switching.

Originally posted by jimmy04wrx
    Nice setup...I would like to see more people to show off their car audio equiment. I'm getting my car setup for a system as well, so I would like to see what people have done to their WRX's. Trying to get some idea of the sub setup, front stage, and hu's. Keep 'em coming guys
    Check out this thread. I made a custom fiberglass enclosure in the trunk.
    Custom Sub Enclosure in Trunk

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    will post pic's soon. I work at a Stereo shop in LA, you guys should consider the Kenwood 7015 as a headunit, it looks stock, yet kicks. Also, for SQ, there are some tricks to the trade. We have an RTA and used to have a car we competed with IASCA and USAC and a few first place finishes. Unfortunately, WRX's are not well suited for such endeavors. Go ahead, ask any question you've got, as I've been doing Car audio for too many years.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

yeah i checked that out before...thats pretty clean install and setup. Did u manage to get the fan setup for the amp? How about the grill? I think the fish man grill would look cool on the sub.

yeah i checked that out before...thats pretty clean install and setup. Did u manage to get the fan setup for the amp? How about the grill? I think the fish man grill would look cool on the sub.
    The amp never gets too hot under there. Haven't had a single problem with it. As for the grill I need to find something. Whats the fish man grill?

check out this site:

http://www.caraudiomag.com/v_feature...ero/index.html

Dave "Fishman" Rivera is a bada** installer. He does some crazy stuff and has his own line of grills for subs. You can see the grill on the site, the third or fourth pic. Check out the cd changer in the rear tail light

Wow that stuff is pretty intense. I'm not a big fan of those speaker grills though. I've seen similar ones at Circuit City and I don't like them. Too big and tall. I'm looking for something a little more low profile.

yup i work at circuit city haha. they are a little bit big. they are the exact same ones u saw at circuit. there are some other grills that are lower profile but dont look as nice, but u can always shop around.

Which grill do you guys like better. I would probably paint the grill to match everything well. Sorry to take this thread kinda off topic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails speakergrill.jpg  

if youre goin to paint the grill, i would go with the polk momo's. looks better and protects the sub better too.

That was my thought as well.

if youre goin to paint the grill, i would go with the polk momo's. looks better and protects the sub better too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.