Car Audio obcession
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Car Audio obcession within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hello all. I am obcessing about car audio right now and I have a few comments/questions/ideas. If you are going ...

Car Audio obcession

Hello all. I am obcessing about car audio right now and I have a few comments/questions/ideas.

If you are going to do something, you can't do it 1/2 a$$ed. Thats always a good philosophy, but can lead to a big expenditure of time and $$$. So I'm trying to get a lot of satisfaction out of my limited resources (aren't we all?)

I'm looking at the Alpine SPX-177a speakers, just over $200 shipped. Rave reviews by those who have installed. Haven't listened to them as I can't find anyone who stocks them around here. Also looking at the Alpine MRV-T320 amp for the fronts, $150 from teh crutchfizzle. 80x2 WRMS. Considering Bi-amping the fronts... or maybe amping the rears too, although a lot of poeple say just lose the rear speakers. I'd like to do some 6" midbass drivers in the back, but that would be an install challenge.

Thinking about putting the amp under the drivers or passengers seat. Not 100% sure why I want to do this. I don't want my nice amp to get kicked around all the time.

A lot of people suggest using perforated aluminum and raaaamaat to seal the front doors completely. I've seen this (and 100% raaamaattted doors and it looks pretty slick but also a little heavy and labor intensive.

What about a group audio-install day? I know that Sam and J are car audio buffs, anybody else planning on going nuts in the next month or so? I can do it all myself but help is fun. Any suggestions/ideas/comments?
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Club WRX?

FTW
    **** politics, **** religion, dance with a chainsaw!

We're taking on water and about to ****in' sink No one seems to notice, No one even blinks

I would be down to try and help, but wont have the car back for a month or so, plus no money for goodies....

I may have some stuff to sell also..

2 12" rockfords in a bandpass..

also my buddy may be receiving 3 15"s ..we are going to build a box for em... not sure of the brand, something off the wall...

I will come back to this when I know more..
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

huh?

i'm with you brother. i have a lot of trouble doing stuff "half-way". this attitude has abused my finances since i could walk to the store and buy baseball cards.

if was out in Colorado i'd be right there ready to tear out some door panels. unfortunately, i live in a communist country known as New York.

good luck though. can't wait to see some pics; preferable of the install process itself.

trip.
    molon labe.

Originally posted by AlienPunk

also my buddy may be receiving 3 15"s ..we are going to build a box for em... not sure of the brand, something off the wall...
    If you say Legacy or Kraco, I will set you and the woofers on fire.

James

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, if he doesn't like what you have to say, it'll be OK because you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

one 10w7 with a 500watt amp. thats all u need believe me.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

I should mention I already have an Alpine 9815 deck, JBL BP600.1 amp, and 12" Infinity Perfect DVC sub. Factory "Upgraded" speakers just don't cut it.

Those JL subs are popular, but the best sub/amp combo would sound like sh1t in a WRX without the proper placement, tuning, and damping.

edit: Bold Manwich sucks. It's just Manwich with 2x the sugar.

I have 2 Amps, 2 Subs, 2 speakers, fiberglass resin, fiberglass matt, fiberglass cloth, 3/4" MDF, 1/2" Plywood, Black Vinal, Plexi-Glass, 2/0 power cable, #8 AWG Speaker Wire, #12 AWG Speaker Wire, #18 AWG Remote Wire, Monster 6 lead RCA's, Aux Battery, 220A Circuit Breaker, XM Tuner Box, XM Antenna, IP-Bus Cable, Sand paper, Body Filler, Glazing Putty, Primer, Java Black Pearl Paint, Clear Coat, Wood Dowels, Hot Glue, Fleese, Wood Screws, Stainless Steel Machine Screws, Liquid Nails, Silacone II, Dremel Bits, Stainless Steel Hinges, 2 Red Neon Tubes, Battery Back up Siren, 5" Cooling Fan, and more stuff I can't think of off the top of my head just sitting at my house waiting to be put in.
    -John

-=sedán tripulación negro=-

I'm Cool Because I Drive A WRX.

You win! What subs, speakers, and amps are we talking about?

Edit- J, anything you need installed besides a trick sub box? What 2-channel amp are you running the Type- Arrrs! off of?

1 - 2400W MA Audio 2 channel for my Subs, 1 - 1200W MA Audio 2 channel for Front Door Speakers and 2 New Speaker in Trunk, 2 - 12" MA Audio XL Subwoofers, 2 Infinity Refrence Coaxal's for Trunk. I still need to find some good speakers that will fit in the doors. Probally some good components up front and maybe just keep the stock ones in back.
    -John

-=sedán tripulación negro=-

I'm Cool Because I Drive A WRX.

If this goes down, I'd like to be a part of it. I've got a 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect SVC sub that I'd like to put in, I just haven't gotten around to it. I've got everything I need (box, amp, wires, LOC), except the time.

I will be down to help out with this. I can help with spacers, x-over mounting locations for the front doors etc... Let's plan a date and I may be able to get my 'rents house since "Pops Lehtinen" has every tool known to man there.

Keystah, the amp powering the type Arrrrr's is an Alpine 2 channel that runs 45 watts per channel at 4 ohms, RMS. The Alpine deck (CDA7894 I think) powers the rear 4" speakers.

The only thing I have left to do is the sub enclosure and then Raammat (sp) the roof and rear quaters. Everything else is great.
    James

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, if he doesn't like what you have to say, it'll be OK because you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

Yo J, I was thinking about putting in 6 of these in the trunk:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

and powering them with 6 of these amps:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...704284546&rd=1

Whacha think? i put a bid on them today. My car is going to LBS.

legacy == teh suck

or so I have heard...

the 15"s are ...umm...Lafyette or something...dumb, was supposed to go get some with him last night but got busy..
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

Originally posted by skimann20

Whacha think? i put a bid on them today. My car is going to LBS.
    I think you are on LDS...
    James

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast