Car Audio obcession - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Car Audio obcession within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; LSD no. But the pair I really want, actually I would be happy with just one, is the Focal 33 ...

LSD no. But the pair I really want, actually I would be happy with just one, is the Focal 33 WX 13" subwoofer. If you ever get the chance to hear one... Your going to see if you have the money on your credit card to get one. They are insane. I know there are better ones out there, but I saw this one, actually 6 of them in person. wow. Also, if anyone needs help installing, I too can help. Also, I will be the prowd owner of an over sized two car garage in a couple of weeks. We can do installs there also.
    ~brad

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check out the Boston Acoustics component sets, they're probably the second best components I've heard behind Diamond Audio... someone needs to buy my last Eclipse 12" aluminum too.

One word dynaudio. Ok maybe focal
    "Look's just like a telefunken U47"
    -FZ

I maybe in to help, but I will need to be done with all my fun stuff 1st. I have way too much on my plate right now, and a side of going out of town this week isn't helping anything.
    MCL
    "We rolls with the hatchet like nuns roll with church, and to us the hatchet means more then some merch!!"

Just got back from Law Dawg's, he's building the enclosure for the 12" aluminum Eclipse I just bought from analog_909. The enclosure is getting tucked under the left side of the rear deck, so I will still have a usable trunk. Between that and the Focals in the door I should have a pretty sweet set up. I need to Dynamat (or something equivalent) my trunk, so I would be up for an audio installfest too. I have small two car garage I am willing to volunteer.

When is this going down? I just finished my stereo install and can come help you guys.

I put in MB Quart 6.5" comps up front, MB Quart 5.25" coaxes in the back doors, 1 Alpine Type R 12" in a ported box. All powered by a PPI PCX-5800 5 channel amp. I have a problem with 1 RCA up at the headunit so I went ahead and used 1 set of inputs for 4 channels instead of 2 sets like I wanted.

Dont you hate it when you buy RCAs and install them only to find out that one of them is bad?

I guess a saturday would be best, what about the Saturday after the 4th of July weekend? A Sunday would be OK too, I could start at 11. If we do a Saturday I saw we start at like 8 or 9. The early morning is a good time to start. We could do an evening but then you might "run out of time". Sounds like there is a lot of intrest in this, which is great.

Anybody have any tips for install of Raamat/Dynamat? I would like one of those application tools, but too cheap to buy one. Maybe I'll break down and get one.

Boston is good, but also expensive. I wish I could get one of those three-way components like Alpine type-x, Boston, or MB Quart.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by STIBungy
    Dont you hate it when you buy RCAs and install them only to find out that one of them is bad?
    I haven't had too many issues with Monster Cable. Nice, and expensive too. I have $600 in monster cable on my home theater system. One of my $80 .75m interconnects was bad, they sent me a replacement before they even got the defective one back. A+ for service...

I am probably going to got another set of Monster MicroXLN RCAs, they are really good at rejecting noise, and value priced to boot.

STIbungy, that system sounds AWESOME. How do you like it? Did you do any sound damping?
    Last edited by keystah; 06-14-2004 at 07:41 PM.

I think it sounds great. A few of my friends from HAI think it sounds great. I need to tune some things a little bit since bass response sounds awkward on certain songs.

I didnt do any sound dampening at all. I pondered doing so but that was very short lived. Haha.

The week after the 4th works for me .. I should be back from Cali By then.
    -John

-=sedán tripulación negro=-

I'm Cool Because I Drive A WRX.

That weekend it good for me also. I've been dying to put this stuff in!

Originally posted by AlienPunk
    I would be down to try and help, but wont have the car back for a month or so, plus no money for goodies....
    Okay, so here is what we should do. First, you buy the 12" Aluminum Eclipse sub from Analog_909. Second, you pick up a used RF or MTX amp off e-bay for like $60. Third, we build you a box (we ought to be able to figure that out right?). Then you blast all sorts of bass.

That bandpass just probably won't fit in the WRX right? Maybe we could make a custom box for those bad boys instead?

I can bring a bunch of tools: Metric Sockets/Wrenches/Ratchet etc, 10 pc screwdriver set, spatula,
    Heat gun, Cordless DeWalt Drill W/2 batteries, dremel with cutting and grinding wheels, Clear Silicone, Glue, needlenose pliers, and a wallpaper tool(for smoothing Raamat). Looks like that Saturday will work for a few people. Jay?
    Last edited by keystah; 06-15-2004 at 09:05 AM.

Slightly off topic, not to far off. Has anyone ever tried Gorila Glue? That Sh!t is the strongest glue I have ever used. It is two part glue and water. I'm telling you, if your going to use wood for your box use this stuff! It works on many materials also.

www.justamps.com
    www.justwoofers.com

never purchased anything from them,
    but pretty good prices!
    Here, is a happy little parrot....
    '04 WRX Sedan JBP
    KYB AGX struts w/ Eibach Pro Springs
    Pirate setting sail in Oregon...

Bump for wanting to know if this is still going down.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.