Subwoofer available from Subaru

This is a discussion on Subwoofer available from Subaru within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I was wondering how the subwoofer you can get from Subaru that mounts under the passenger seat sounds? Is it ...

Subwoofer available from Subaru

I was wondering how the subwoofer you can get from Subaru that mounts under the passenger seat sounds? Is it worth the money or does it suck?
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SUCKS.

Don't bother with the dealer stereo options. Get whatever comes stock and upgrade on your own.

I got the upgraded stereo. NOT WORTH IT. PERIOD.

it ain't no contest winner

its a small sub and its there is puts out a very conservative lows so to and extent it does suck ...it is not there to rattle windows or set off alarms.....if you want that go throw a huge box in the back.
    try til you die

for the money, no its not very good. . .

you should get the Kenwood WOOX i think its called. For the money its much better.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

I wouldn't even think about it. I sold mine on eBay for almost $150. Maybe look into those powered infinity subs. I'm not sure how they sound but I bet they are 100x better than the stock option.

the stock stereo system in my 04 is weak. but i really dont care. i use to have a navigator with huge bass in the trunk. my days of bass booming are over. if i get any audio done itll be a mp3 player headunit and/or tweeters in the back

Even the WORST Econo Sub at Wal-Mart would sound better than the O.E.M.......

I was dumb enough to put the P.O.S in my car without hearing it first.......

Live and learn

Shotgun