Subwoofer setup

View Poll Results: What kind of amp should I get?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kicker KX600.1

1 16.67%
  • Rockford Fosgate 1001bd

3 50.00%
  • Other (specify in post)

2 33.33%

This is a discussion on Subwoofer setup within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Ok I am going to go out this weekend and get all the MDF I need to make a box ...

Subwoofer setup

Ok I am going to go out this weekend and get all the MDF I need to make a box but I'm stuck on what I should get. I am leaning towards getting 1 15" in a vented box. No matter what size it is going to be a Kicker Solo-Baric L7. I am thinking about building a 4.5 cubic foot box which is pretty big. The trick is I can't build it and then put it in. I would have to actually assemble the box while it is inside my trunk. Has anyone tried this? It would be a good theft deterant since you couldn't take it out though. I am also debating on the Kicker KX600.1 amp (Around 800 watts) or the Fosgate 1001bd. The 15 can handle 1000 watts RMS and I think one is all I will need to pound hard. Please give me some feedback on what kind of amp you would recommend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

JL Audio (Ahead of the Curve) www.jlaudio.com
    # 1 in Subwoofers and Amplifiers
    This company doesnt play around, JL Audio is worth every penny. I have had the 12' W3's the 12' W3v2's and a 12' W7 in the past, and all this subs slam. Also, I have had the 500/1 and the 300/4 and this amps are great. For you i would recommend the JLAudio 1000/1 and I bet that L7 will slam really hard!! I highly recommend all JL Audio products, but I have never dealt with their mids and highs but I am sure they are just as good as the their subs and amps.
    Last edited by Bubis; 04-27-2004 at 08:33 PM.
    Bubis
    04' Aspen White Wrx
    ~Stock Turbo~
    231 whp
    ??? tq

1000/1 is a pretty good amp, but there are amps that are good for less money. Check out the HiFonics Brutus 1000W amp. I hear that is an awesome amp for the money. Otherwise, I hear good things about Crossfire amps. What voice coil setup does the L7 have? In other words, what impedance options do you have? If you can get 1 ohm, go with the HiFonics Brutus.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/HIFBX1000D
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!