Subwoofer install

This is a discussion on Subwoofer install within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I'm looking to install a box w/ subs and an amp in my trunk. I've been looking for detailed instructions ...

Subwoofer install

I'm looking to install a box w/ subs and an amp in my trunk. I've been looking for detailed instructions on how to do this (wire from the HU to the trunk) but haven't had any luck.
    Anyone have a link or directions from personal experience?
    Pics would help
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Look into getting the Car Stereo Cookbook. I forget who the author is but that helped get me started to learn about car stereos. Are you using the stock cd player?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I installed the head unit myself the other day, I'm concerned about where to run the wires and how to bury them through the side panels into the trunk, how to get through the back seat, and also, how to get a wire to the battery.
    There are walkthroughs w/ pics for just about everything so I'm asking if one exists for this; or for an explanation.
    Thanks

Your best bet for installing the subs is just decide how many you want and what size and get a sealed box. You can basically just stick the box in the trunk anywhere. For running the wires the power cable has to connect to the battery and just run the cable all the way in the back of the motor and look for a hole in the firewall by the passanger side in the hood compartment and run the wire through there. For hiding the wire you have to take the plastic trim up by the doors on the entire right side of the car. If you follow the plastic trim very closly you will find little black plastic circles covering the screws you need to get to to remove the trim. You can just jam the wires under the back seat and then reach under and grab all the wires between the seat and the backrest part and run them around the ski hole that connects the car to the backseat. A really good car audio source is www.crutchfieldadvisor.com. Good luck.

how hard is it to connect the subwoofer to the stock headunit?
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Its not that hard. The oem head unit dosen't have any outputs for it though. You need to get a converter and then you will be golden!

peace

heisey

If you're going to go with an all out system your best bet is to get an aftermarket head unit. You can get a nice Pioneer unit for about $250.

any instructions on what i need to do exactly?
    I can do it if I know what parts to buy

just go to ultimate electronics and ask for a converter?

I already got an amp and woofer just need to hook it up.

Originally posted by heisey
    Its not that hard. The oem head unit dosen't have any outputs for it though. You need to get a converter and then you will be golden!

peace

heisey
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint

I don't know about "ultimate electronics" but i know for sure the "tweeter" store in my area had it. Then you just hook up it. Pretty simple procedure. Hope that helps.

peace

heisey

ok i got the converter today!

I'm gonna take my stero out and see if i can hook it up myself

Originally posted by heisey
    I don't know about "ultimate electronics" but i know for sure the "tweeter" store in my area had it. Then you just hook up it. Pretty simple procedure. Hope that helps.

peace

heisey
    04 WRX Black no options!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealththx
    . For running the wires the power cable has to connect to the battery and just run the cable all the way in the back of the motor and look for a hole in the firewall by the passanger side in the hood compartment and run the wire through there. Good luck.

Any chance you could upload some pics of the hole in the firewall? I can't seem to find it.l
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    hold on young grasshopper. I'll post pics and detailed instructions tomorrow. PM or call me with any questions.

Claudiu
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

yay u r my u8r h3r0! \

...ok mayeb i went a little smiley crazy
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    hold on young grasshopper. I'll post pics and detailed instructions tomorrow. PM or call me with any questions.

Claudiu
    Any pics? Looks like I'm doing the same next week.