6 Ch amp install w/ stock HU?

This is a discussion on 6 Ch amp install w/ stock HU? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I've tried searching on multiple sites and can't find any info. I know stock HU doesn't have any RCAs, so ...

Question 6 Ch amp install w/ stock HU?

I've tried searching on multiple sites and can't find any info. I know stock HU doesn't have any RCAs, so what is the easiest way to wire my amp? What do I splice into? Elecrtical stuff is not my thing, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get a line coverter. What you basically do is take the converter, which has 4 wires... one + and one - from the left, and one = and - from the right channgels. you splice this into your factory wiring. check out radioshack, they have these inline clamp down splice things, they are blue colored. The other end of the converter then gives you an RCA signal output in L & R form. Some converteres allow you to adjust the output while other's don't. You can pick up one of these converters for $20-30 in Best buy, circuit city, etc... or go to ebay and search up line converters and get one for 10-15.

Just a word of caution on aftermarket stereos. I just installed one with a 4ch amp, and if your car has the premium sound system (6 cd changer) the factory head unit is amplified. I tried to put line converters in and it sounded like poo for awhile and then just burned them out. I had to go with an aftermarket head unit for nice sound. Also, if you are looking for speakers, planet audio makes a nice set, and the fit is almost perfect - no windo blockage with the magnets. try www.planetaudio.com
    "Let me never be accused of standing between a Charlestonian and his drink" - J. Kuhn