Harness for aftermarket stereo?

This is a discussion on Harness for aftermarket stereo? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Have you guys been able to get harnesses for putting aftermarket stereos in? I'm having a little trouble finding one. ...

Harness for aftermarket stereo?

Have you guys been able to get harnesses for putting aftermarket stereos in? I'm having a little trouble finding one. Maybe there is some other year that works just the same? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    Have you tried a 2001.

First thing you do is try to plug it into the radio. If it works, go ahead and start soldering.

I don't have the radio in hand... so I haven't tried anything yet. The place I plan on ordering from has a free harness but don't seem to have the 2002 WRX harness.

tan
    Let me guess.....Crutchfield?

Nope. I'm not paying outrageous prices when I don't have to :-)

CarMedia1

I got mine from a local stereo shop, maybe you should try a few shops near you instead of going online. Harnesses aren't that expensive. I think I paid about $10.00 for mine and it was specifically for the 2002 WRX. I don't usually order these small items online just because if you don't get the right thing, it'll take longer for you to ship it back out than to go to a local shop and exchange it. Just a thought.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.