Stock subwoofer not responding, need advice
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock subwoofer not responding, need advice within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have an 02 WRX sedan with the sound package. Recently I noticed that *EDIT* THE SUBWOOFER *EDIT* wasnt putting ...

Stock subwoofer not responding, need advice

I have an 02 WRX sedan with the sound package. Recently I noticed that *EDIT* THE SUBWOOFER *EDIT* wasnt putting out any sound at all. Did I blow it? Did I blow a fuse? How can I figure out whats wrong with it? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I apologise for not being clearer in the original post. My speakers work just fine EXCEPT FOR the subwoofer. Im really just looking for symptoms of a blown sub woofer and possible fixes or checks to see if I can get it working or not. Thanks.
    Last edited by Aerophyre; 03-19-2004 at 05:36 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so the deck still lights up....just no sound?
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

so just no sub.........and the rest of the speakers still work?
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Your a bit vague, but I have some ideas.

Have you recently unplugged your battery? If so, this would reset all your radio setups so your bass will be low.

Have you checked all the connections? If not, do so. Maybe it came unplugged by somebodys foot.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

mine died too. if it's still under 36,000 - go to the dealer.

mine was warrantied. it just up and died one day. the dealer had no questions or explanation, they just replaced it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Mine died also. I just never bothered fixing it because I have a sub in the trunk.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.