recomendations on door speakers

This is a discussion on recomendations on door speakers within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; ok, i want to replace the factory speakers with something that has better quality & sound. but i want to ...

recomendations on door speakers

ok, i want to replace the factory speakers with something that has better quality & sound. but i want to keep the factory head unit.

so what do ya guys recomend????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have yet to redo my stereo (I have a plan...just not the dough currently...) but from everything I've read on here and Nabisco, it seems like most people think ditching the stock head unit makes a much bigger difference in sound than changing the speakers. So if possible, I'd look into putting a new HU in before you do speakers.

If you're commited to that path, I've heard good things about CDT, as well as Infinity...both should work with the stock power and sound ok. From everything I've listened to I really like Diamond Audio, but they can be pricey... I'd figure out your budget and then see what you can do with it...
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

i know for a fact that just by changing out the oem head unit, i will get better sound. the reason why i want to keep the head unit is because its a 6 disc in-dash changer and its stock so no one is really going to want to steal it. i also recently just bought the oem woofer, so if i ditch the oem head unit, then there's really no need for it (unless i jerry rig the woofer to work with an aftermarket head unit).

I heard Boston components are good. Infinity Kappa's are my choice for best buy. When you buy speakers, try to buy online. YOu can get such better deals, whether auction or online store.
    What size are the speakers of the WRX all around anyways?

I plan on replacing my front speakers eventually with Infinity Reference 6002cs speakers. They are components, and will work with the factory head unit, but can also handle a lot more power as well if you go that route later on. www.ikesound.com has great prices on audio equipment, but please note that they are not an authorized Infinity dealer, so they only have their own store's warranty. I think the 6002cs speakers are just over $100 there, which is way cheaper than your average store.
    Another suggestion: If you dont mind giving up a marginal amount of space in your trunk, sell the OEM Subwoofer and get an Infinity Basslink. Its certainly not a competition sub, but will definitely sound nicer than the factory sub and will probably cost about the same. It pretty small, and the 10" sub and 200 watt amp are built in so its very simple.
    o-|-<) bryan
    edit: you can fit 6.5" speakers in the front, and 5.25" speakers in the rear. mounting depth is often an issue so read up on that first and make sure the speakers you are looking at will fit.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

yeah, i was actually thinking of getting rid of the factory sub. it sounds good, but i do miss having my 2 12"s in the back. what i might end up doing is going with this box: 10" box .i still have an amp laying around collecting dust, so i might just end up going that route.

Somewhere I read that you need spacers between the door and the speaker if you are going to buy aftermarket speakers. Won't this cause a bulge in the door or something? Anybody have pics on installation of the door?