Clarion headunit insall help ..please
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clarion headunit insall help ..please within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Ok.. Used a Subaru to unversal harness and then cut the universal end off and connected the wires to the ...

Clarion headunit insall help ..please

Ok.. Used a Subaru to unversal harness and then cut the universal end off and connected the wires to the headunit with crimping wire connectors. Using the wire maps from the headunit and harness, every thing matched up perfectly, CLarion and subaru even use the same color scheme. Now all the wires are mated, except the subaru end has just one yellow wire for 12V memory/battery and the head unit has 2 yellow wires left. Both are fused. One with a 15amp and a heavy gauge wire, and another with a 3 amp fuse and a thinner wire. The heavy yellow says "memory power lead" on the map and the thin yellow says "Bus power lead".

A couple things have me confused. First why are these 2 wires the only ones fused? Not even what I assume to be the main power lead (the red one, light gauge BTW) that the map calls simply "power lead" is fused. Second, why if the one marked "memory power lead" is just for the memory, would it need to be so much heavier than the main power??? Third, what the heck is the "Bus power lead"??? and why is it the only wire that subaru doesn't match??

Any expert advice would be wildly appretiated! I think I should just mate the thick wire marked memory to Subaru's memory wire, but I don't want to somehow fry my headunit, before I've even used it!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the two memory wires go together. The other yellow wire probably goes to an external device. An amp or a cd changer. Most of the HU remote turn on leads are blue, but Clarion's may be different. Good Luck

Originally posted by kjw1949
    the two memory wires go together. The other yellow wire probably goes to an external device. An amp or a cd changer. Most of the HU remote turn on leads are blue, but Clarion's may be different. Good Luck
    Yea, there is a remote amp turn on lead which is blue on both the subaru harness and on the clarion. I have mated those. If I mate the 2 memory wires, can i just put a rubber end on the last lead and leave it unconnected???

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.