Anyone install bazooka tube/box in sedan?

This is a discussion on Anyone install bazooka tube/box in sedan? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I am think'in bout putting a sas bazooka tube in my trunk.Has anybody put a box or tube in their ...

Lightbulb Anyone install bazooka tube/box in sedan?

I am think'in bout putting a sas bazooka tube in my trunk.Has anybody put a box or tube in their wrx & where would we run the cables/wire?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've got two bazookas running in my system. Had to take out the rear seats and run the wires under the factory carpet.

I Support ClubWRX
    I also put a SAS Bazooka in my trunk. Ran the wires from the battery, through the blank grommet in the engine compartment on the drivers side firewall, down into the car, underneath the entire length of the center console, under the carpet, under the back seat, and then into the trunk.

The hardest part for me was trying to find a ground point for my amp in the trunk since there are no holes with threads. It sounds pretty good with the stock deck too.

I also went to Radio Shack and bought a red on/off switch and put it where the blank cap is on the center console. You have 3 blank caps on your center console. That way I can turn on and off the BEAT at wil.

Good Luck,
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

I have been debating this for a while. I own a 8" bazooka tube from my old car. Do you think I should install the tube a sacrifice truck space or just go with the factory sub? How did you guys mount your tubes? I mounted mine to a piece of wood, not very secure due to the shape of the tube. Does the factory sub suck real bad?

I think it is pretty weak, especially for the price.What a great idea KurleeDaddeeWRX.I was thinking those things are missing options?Maybe something goes there overseas.How long did it take to install & where did you finally ground it to?Thanks for the great replys .

I was thinking of putting a sub under the passenger seat. If I'm not mistaken, I think that's how the factory sub is installed...but I want to get a better sub. I haven't looked into the setup and whether it would fit or not, but I'm planning on doing so in the near future. Has anyone tried putting a sub underneath the seat, or will it not fit?

Fahd

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote:/
    I think it is pretty weak, especially for the price.What a great idea KurleeDaddeeWRX.I was thinking those things are missing options?Maybe something goes there overseas.How long did it take to install & where did you finally ground it to?Thanks for the great replys ./

It took me like 4 hours since it was the first time I had ever taken the center console out and the back seat. It really wan't too hard at all. But if you are using the stock stereo, you will need a line out converter to hook an amp up to it. You will need to splice into the factory subwoofer harness to do this. Do a search on "subwoofer". It sounds really good. Also, you need to tap your remote switch into the wire in the cigarette lighter. I think it is the red one which is the HOT wire.

I found a hole near the passenger side very rear of the trunk for the ground. Got a bolt that fit the hole and tightened it up as much as possible. I did a poor job. I have to redo it, but it has worked for the past 2 months.

Good luck,
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

May I make a suggestion?

Buy an Infinity Basslink. I have one in my car. It takes up very little room and it sounds better (cleaner) than any Bazooka that I've heard.

I don't have a WRX yet, but I know i have a HUGE BOX in my current car which I will put into a WRX... I tested a factory sub, and it plain sucks. Here are my two suggestions:
    For the wagon:
    Install your amp under the passenger seat, where a factory sub will go. Run enough cable into the back so you can pull your box out easily. This way you dont sacrifice any cargo space(when needed of course) and the disconnect will take a few seconds. (this is what i'm going to do when i get my wagon)
    For the sedan:
    I would say you can still install the amp under the passenger seat. If not there, mount it to the back of the rear seats. If the amp is under the passenger seat, you can more than likely mount your bazooka tube on the seat. This will prevent it from rolling, and it will put it out of the way somewhat.

Originally posted by WRXin'
    I was thinking of putting a sub under the passenger seat. If I'm not mistaken, I think that's how the factory sub is installed...but I want to get a better sub. I haven't looked into the setup and whether it would fit or not, but I'm planning on doing so in the near future. Has anyone tried putting a sub underneath the seat, or will it not fit?

Fahd
    There is a kenwood passive subwoofer with a remote for like $200.Someone else on this forum suggested it.He put it under the seat and said it sounds great!I am doing the same cause I dont feel like having a big box in my trunk anymore.Later my bros...

Originally posted by WRXwant1

There is a kenwood passive subwoofer with a remote for like $200.Someone else on this forum suggested it.He put it under the seat and said it sounds great!I am doing the same cause I dont feel like having a big box in my trunk anymore.Later my bros...
    Where can I get this Kenwood woofer? Thanx for the great insight.

Fahd

Here is a link to it:

http://www.mmxpress.com/kenwood/ksc-wa62rc.htm

You may find it cheaper somewhere else.Search on google for kenwood and this # kscwa62rc

Hope this helps bro.I am ordering mine next week.

Originally posted by WRXwant1
    Here is a link to it:

http://www.mmxpress.com/kenwood/ksc-wa62rc.htm

You may find it cheaper somewhere else.Search on google for kenwood and this # kscwa62rc

Hope this helps bro.I am ordering mine next week.
    Thanks a lot dude...I've been looking for something like this for a while now.

swap?

Could you just swap the factory sub for that kenwood pretty easily? Or is there something else that would have to happen?

Karl
    Red Rex Sedan 5 Spd
    - Tinted Windows, BEL 980
    - Hell of a list, ain't it?