Is this weird? Will it improve the sound?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Is this weird? Will it improve the sound? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I am planning to keep the head unit (the stock 6cd changer) and add in a sub and an amp. ...

Is this weird? Will it improve the sound?

I am planning to keep the head unit (the stock 6cd changer) and add in a sub and an amp.

Will the sound be better? Or is a new head unit necessary?
    And also, how many watts does the stock headunit give out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The stock HU with a new amp and a new sub will sound really good -- assuming you have the upgraded speakers. I don't know how they sound with normal oem speakers.
    The problem with stock unit is mainly lack of amplification (again, assuming upgraded speakers.) And this mainly being an issue at higher volume.
    Stock upgraded stereo was not as good as I would have liked. My first step in correcting this was to add two amps and a 12" sub in the trunk. At this point the system sounded much better and I probably could have left it at that stage -- however, I wanted a harddrive unit -- so later I added Alpine 9815 HU and Alpine HD unit. Sounds great. Still have stock upgraded speakers as there is no reason to change these.

I do not have the upgraded speakers. It's just the normal ones that comes with the car.

I want to get good music for the least money spent. I am probably getting an amp.

How much did you spend on the audio alone?

Originally posted by Fleek04
    I do not have the upgraded speakers. It's just the normal ones that comes with the car.

I want to get good music for the least money spent. I am probably getting an amp.

How much did you spend on the audio alone?
    Aye, if you want to keep stock HU, starting with a new amp seems like a good idea. You can always add to the system later, if you find that this doesn't do what you're looking for. Not sure how much I've spent on my audio - not sure I want to know

Originally posted by DirgeNoir
    Aye, if you want to keep stock HU, starting with a new amp seems like a good idea. You can always add to the system later, if you find that this doesn't do what you're looking for. Not sure how much I've spent on my audio - not sure I want to know
    Yeah. I used to know how much I spent on my audio stuff, but then I forgot. I know it was a pretty fair amount, though.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.