Good MP3 head unit? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Good MP3 head unit? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally posted by bagelw I have the Clarion DXZ735MP and it's nice. It has rear aux input, plays mp3s, subwoofer ...

Originally posted by bagelw
    I have the Clarion DXZ735MP and it's nice. It has rear aux input, plays mp3s, subwoofer output control on the face, rotary volume knob(I hate buttons for volume), and it can illuminate in different colors. My old cars dashlights were amber and the WRX is green so really no matter what car you've car, you can make it match.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1232
    I looked into this one a little and I also looked at the next model up: the Clarion DXZ835MP. I noticed that it's got 4 channels: 2-front and 2-rear.

My WRX came with the optional subwoofer under the passenger seat... Would I need something with a separate channel for that to work, or does it just tie-in to the rear channel?

-Lee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I vote Blaupunkt MP3000.

I've owned (2) of these now in seperate cars, and for the budget-minded, it's got a ton of great features!

CD-R, CD-RW, CD, WMA, MP3 (variable and constant bit rate)

I've never had skipping problems that were a fault of the MP3000, most were my own computer burning errors. A great deck, you can pick it up for only $118.00 here:

http://osdn.pricegrabber.com/user_sa...61433695776f4e
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mp3000.jpg  

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

The WRX sub has a proprietary wiring harness. Without a hack job, it will not work with anything but your stock deck. If you figured out which wires were which, you may be able to do a hack job and get the sub to work with an aftermarket deck. I think I've stumbled across the wiring diagram before, but I never paid attention.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by keystah
    The WRX sub has a proprietary wiring harness. Without a hack job, it will not work with anything but your stock deck. If you figured out which wires were which, you may be able to do a hack job and get the sub to work with an aftermarket deck. I think I've stumbled across the wiring diagram before, but I never paid attention.
    Hmm...
    -Lee

Originally posted by Fixxxer
    Hmm...
    Get an Infinity Basslink.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I vote Infinity BassLink (click the link in my sig) I got mine from www.ikesound.com for $200 shipped (with optional wired remote)

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Basslink is nice. Good bass, clean install, smallish, light, good price. I however, am going for BIG BASS, IE 600 watts RMS. Also costs big $$$. If you want most of your trunk- basslink = good.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12