basslink sub/amp new headunit with stock speakers?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on basslink sub/amp new headunit with stock speakers? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Would this sound ok? I think the stock speakers aren't too bad. Would it sound weird if I totally turned ...

basslink sub/amp new headunit with stock speakers?

Would this sound ok? I think the stock speakers aren't too bad. Would it sound weird if I totally turned off the bass on the stock units (The rattling from the driver side door is going to drive me nuts!) and just used the basslink for the bass? Or would it sound odd because the bass is only coming from the trunk?

thanks!
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Even with two 10" subs in the trunk of my car (not a WRX.. yet), I still keep the bass settings for the speakers the same. I think it would sound weird without any mid-bass up front. About the rattling, try adding some sound deadener if you feel up to it.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

You could try bassblockers for the very bottom of their range (might help any overlap with your sub too) if you can find one with a nice low frequency. I think it would sound like @ss if you asked your basslink to cover that much of a range.

This is the setup I have and it sounds good. You can adjust the gain on the basslink so you don't have to turn off all the bass of the stock speakers.
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.