Basslink install question

This is a discussion on Basslink install question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Some time ago, someone posted their basslink install. And it happend to be on the back of the seat in ...

Basslink install question

Some time ago, someone posted their basslink install. And it happend to be on the back of the seat in the trunk.

Just wanted to see some pictures again, cant find them any more.

And wanted to know how the seat was doing supporting that weight?

Thanks !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im interested as well. reviews on the basslink would be helpful.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    i bought my Basslink for $190 off Ebay, i love it. it's not earth-pounding bass, but for the price, weight, size, i am very impressed. mounted mine where everyone else does, by the jack.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

I also purchased a basslink for $200, It produces good bass, not thunder bass, but still very good. I found that I had to adjust the settings a lot to get a crisp bass without boom, the boom may have been a factor because it is mounted in a wagon. Mine is mounted in the rear drivers side of the wagon and I also mounted it on a plinth which allows easy and quick removal, for when I have to use the space to haul bikes and skis.
    I would recommend this product anytime as it is very good, if you have doubts I would try and listen to one at an audio shop or someones setup. The remote gain control which comes with the basslink is kinda cheesy and clunky and fortunatly I did not need to install this because I have a headunit with a variable sub woofer specififc output.
    The unit is cake to install and well worth the dosh.

I have never heard the word "plinth" before... looked it up, and now feel smarter. Any pics of your plinth?
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)

I don't have any pictures off hand but I can take some if you need. It's 3/4 mdf, traced and cut fitted to the driver side of the cargo area, it has been primed and painted black to match the basslink. The basslink is mounted to it in the vertical orientation with the four legs and some simple bolts.