whats a good 10" sub?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on whats a good 10" sub? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; My 12" eclipse just seems to big for my WRX. The enclosure and sub is too big for this application. ...

whats a good 10" sub?

My 12" eclipse just seems to big for my WRX. The enclosure and sub is too big for this application. What's a good 10" sub? I'll prolly be building my own enclosure for it. I already have a 4'channel MTX amp. the sub will get about ~140 watts. (is that sufficient?)
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's always the Infinity Basslink - 10" sub and amp all in one compact package. Personally I think I can fart with more bass but if space is your concern you should check it out. Circuit City carries them so you can go have a listen.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the Basslink and like it a lot. If you're into heavy-duty rap or hip-hop, then it may not be enough. For rock and roll and jazz guys like me, it's just fine!

--Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Ive used JL audio in some of my other cars and they have been great
    04 JBP STi

The 10" Alpine Type "R" is real nice but it needs more than 140 watts.... I just got the 12" but i think i'm gonna go to 10" because of trunk space

Thats the dilemma I keep running into...its tough to get a really good Sub that will be pushed to its potential w/ 140W. I was going back and forth between a Diamond Audio M6 10" and a JL Audio 10W6V2 and I think I'm going to go w/ the JL just because it should work pretty well w/ just over 300W...while the reccomended range for the DA sub is 600-800W...personally I'd try to do some research and find a sub that has a recommended range in that area (maybe a JL W0?) Having a sub that has been designed to work with that range will most likely sound a lot better than a really nice sub that isn't getting enough power. Hope this helps....
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

Diamond audio makes wonderful subwoofers check them out

Good suggestions: ED, DA, JL
    Make sure you put it in the right box for what you want. Also, the Infinity BassLink isn't too bad if you want good sound quality and don't care for deafening loudness.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I've got an Audiobahn ABASS10 in the trunk. It sounds pretty good and comes with the driver installed, for about $135 (less on line but shipping might be a bee-itch).

Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

if you are looking for a good 10' sub go wit the JL audio 10 w7. Its the best. I have 1 in my car and it just blows me away.

J
    2004 WRX PSM Wagon
    Mesh hood scoop and grille

2005 Kawasaki Ti 636

Be very wary of some of the advice you have received. Do some research before you buy. You have only 140 watts of power to feed the sub, and you want a small install package. Some of the advice like the Brahma and the JL 10w7 are simply NOT realistic in your situation. You would need vastly greater power to drive them, and you certainly would not be happy with them driven by your 140 watt amp.

Actually, the combination that you seek is fairly illusive. Most small-sealed-box-loving subs also are quite power hungry. The best advice so far (in my estimation) is the ed10o. I would also look at the ed10k series, which will live happily in a smaller box and also require a bit less power to drive (particularly the ed10kx).

People, listen to the question and craft a appropriate response. Sure, the Brahma and 10w7 are GREAT subs, when driven properly. But not everybody has kilowatt amps available to drive them. And still others don't feel the need to have 140db of sub on tap.

go with jl audio.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by burgerboy
    Adire Brahma
    Good sub, but I think the limited power in mind would not do that sub justice..
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast