whats a good 10" sub? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on whats a good 10" sub? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; JL Audio makes some awesome subs. They make different models to fit different applications. I am just suggesting that you ...

JL Audio makes some awesome subs. They make different models to fit different applications. I am just suggesting that you select your subwoofer based on YOUR needs. Kinda like picking out clothing, you want them to fit YOUR body and not some ideal, regardless of how nice that size 4 "little black dress" looks on the model, I think that it would look pretty silly on my middle-aged male body.

For your application, with 140 watts, I would suggest a JL Audio 10W3v2 or 10W6 over a 10W7 any day. And there are some cheaper alternatives out there as well that would be very well suited to your needs. The ed10 o and k series are excellent examples.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've got Infinity BassLink in my WRX. Shibby, since you're local, come on over and hear it sometime!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

earlier i suggested a 10w7, not remembering that you only had 140 watts to power it. However, jl is most definitely one of the best car audio manufacturers out there. So i would highly suggest getting an older jl model subwoofer to fit your needs, since they require much less power. You could either go with a 10w0 or a 10w3v2 and have a perfect amount of power to run them. Using a 10w6ae or a 10w6v2 would be out of the question. Even though you would have the right amount of power to run them, it wouldnt be giving it enough to get its full potential. So in my opinion i would go with a 10w0 or a 10w3v2. And all i can tell you is that in my opinion, jl is the best brand for any job.

Originally posted by STiguy
    jl is the best brand for any job.
    JL is pretty good, but I'll leave you to your opinion.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

actually I think I am just going to go with the Basslink.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Originally posted by STiguy
    You could either go with a 10w0 or a 10w3v2 and have a perfect amount of power to run them.
    I am selling 3 of these, in case you were interested, shibby. i'm also local, I live in centerville...
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I just installed one 10' Infinity Referrence sub yesterday. Total cost $130 from Circuit City. I am probably running about 150 on this thing. It's plenty loud. I still have the stock deck with a 4 channel 400 watt MTX amp running all the speakers. I placed all 4 interior speakers as my fronts and the sub is running as the rear. It's clear enough and the sub is actually still overwhelming. It will need to be tweaked a little. Check this one out. Sub was $99 and the box was about $35.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think with 140 watts, the basslink is a good choice. I have a jl 10w6v2 and it's a great sub, but 140 watts wouldn't do it any justice. As far as the lesser jl subs (w0, w3) I can't recommend them to anyone. They're loud, but that's about it. There's really nothing in the way of musicality from those subs and I think there are better choices for that segment. The w7 is... well.... it. Doesn't get much better than that for your money... but they're power hungry and expensive.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MidKnight
    I think with 140 watts, the basslink is a good choice. I have a jl 10w6v2 and it's a great sub, but 140 watts wouldn't do it any justice. As far as the lesser jl subs (w0, w3) I can't recommend them to anyone. They're loud, but that's about it. There's really nothing in the way of musicality from those subs and I think there are better choices for that segment. The w7 is... well.... it. Doesn't get much better than that for your money... but they're power hungry and expensive.
    Just to be clear, the Basslink is a powered sub....you don't need another external amp, it has one built in. I'm actually going to be throwing a 10W6V2 in my wagon sometime soon, I'm planning on throwing 300W to it...Its on the lower end of its range, but I think it'll do the trick.
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

OCD
    JL is def the way to go but ur gonna need a bigger amp to bump it, more like a 300 watt amp or so

I got so much crap laying around my room.... through all of it that i got i would definitely go pick a W3V2. Audiobahn amps are pretty good... but the subs blow (No offense to any owners of the subs.) Im puttin my old 12W3V2 in my moms car with just an old 300 Watt Mtx Amp. They bump pretty good and are very clear at that.
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Yeah, audiobahn subs suck...they get loud, but sound like ****. They do make very good amps, a bit pricey though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.