Stock subwoofer adjustment knobs location
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock subwoofer adjustment knobs location within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I'm thinking of doing the sub tweak (cutoff & gain adjustments). Looking at the sub under the passenger seat, looks ...

Stock subwoofer adjustment knobs location

I'm thinking of doing the sub tweak (cutoff & gain adjustments).

Looking at the sub under the passenger seat, looks like I have pretty good access to the knobs. I think I can turn the knobs by using a flat screw driver bit for drills.

Can someone please tell me which knob is the gain and which is the cutoff?

Also, if I was to take the sub out , how do the covers at the base of the seat rails come off?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OEM Subwoofer Adjustment Question

The search button is located in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen.

The knobs are labeled.

The subwoofer bracket is glued to the carpet, IIRC.

-Jim

Jim, thanks for the tip, but I've already searched and looked at that thread.

It does not tell me which knob is the gain and which is the cutoff. Just says one is for gain one is for cutoff.

I'm trying to make the adjustments without taking out the sub if possible and just need to know what the front and rear knob control. With the sub sitting on the floor, the labeling on these knobs are impossible to see.

So if somone knows, please chime in. Thanks.

Originally posted by burgerboy
    Jim, thanks for the tip, but I've already searched and looked at that thread.

It does not tell me which knob is the gain and which is the cutoff. Just says one is for gain one is for cutoff.

I'm trying to make the adjustments without taking out the sub if possible and just need to know what the front and rear knob control. With the sub sitting on the floor, the labeling on these knobs are impossible to see.

So if somone knows, please chime in. Thanks.
    Having pulled it: Gain is on the left, Cutoff is on the right. You can look at labels without taking it out. You need a pocket mirror and a flash light. They are also labeled + and -. + is CW, - is CCW.

Part of modding your car is TRYING to figure this stuff out. If you just ask, you don't learn anything.

-Jim

Thanks Jim.

Yeah, I know, I'm being lazy.

It's my first brand new car, so I'm hesistant about doing too much stuff to it. My fingers are still recovering from debadging my trunk last weekend! And I've seen enough sticky, stubborn adhesive to last me for a while.

I'm sure this will change as time goes on.
    Last edited by burgerboy; 01-03-2004 at 06:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.