Pictures of your Stereo Set up - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pictures of your Stereo Set up within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; the guys that installed my system said i am hitting 150-155db. oh, what is the best sound deadening material, dynamat?...

the guys that installed my system said i am hitting 150-155db. oh, what is the best sound deadening material, dynamat?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by rokyholler
    the guys that installed my system said i am hitting 150-155db. oh, what is the best sound deadening material, dynamat?
    150-155 dB? What subs, amp, and enclosure do you have? Have you actually metered it or did the guys installing it just say that. I'm guessing the latter. Most people only get loud when they install the system themselves. Anyway, dynamat is a good sound deadener, but other less expensive brands are probably just as good. But I hear you can get dynamat for cheap on Ebay. Anyway, make me eat my words by telling me what you have in your audio system right now.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

ive got a 1000/1 jl amp with 2 10w7's and a custom ported box
    theres a picture on the page before and ive never been able to test the db's the audio guys just did an ear dyno for me
    '04 premium java sedan

Depending on how your box is, you might be hitting 40's, but 50's are pretty unlikely unless you have really beefed up your electrical system. I'd love to talk more on Instant Messenger since I might go with a new setup for a system once I get a WRX. My screen name is in my profile.
    - F r a n z

really? well that sucks i was hoping i was in the 50's and all i have is a interstate battery
    '04 premium java sedan

bump

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    To hit those kinds of SPL numbers, you need some serious juice. Our F-150 with 4 MTX 9500 tuned at 35Hz in a vented enclosure, running just a tad over 6000 watts RMS, hits 150.3 dB. I've got pic's from dialing in with high 149's. 3 yellow top optima's, 0 to 2 gauge all around, and an upgraded alternator. I just don't believe that your WRX hits that kind of SPL with an interstate battery.

Sorry, but around 153-154 you start getting nose bleeds and blurry vision because of the compression on your eyeball. I'm not saying it's impossible to hit those numbers in a WRX, just not with the equipment (2 JL W6, 1000/1) you've got. He's yanking your chain bro. At 148-149 pain threshold is reached and it begins to hurt just to sit in the car.
    Last edited by ej20fan; 10-23-2004 at 07:08 PM.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Yeah rokyholler has two w7's and a 1000/1 I think. It depends on the meter and how the measurement is done. The TermLab is the only meter I give credibility to anymore. rokyholler did you ever actually get around to getting metered?
    - F r a n z

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    IASCA and USAC allow, and often use the Audiocontrol piece. It's rare and very expensive $1,500. It's a RTA/SPL meter. We've got one at our shop for events and to prep cars for competition. I'll post pic's tomorrow.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Here's the trunk of our '04 F-150. It's mostly show, but hits pretty impressive SPL # 's, and SQ ratings, considering it's a daily driver..

Equipment is

* DDX 7015 Kenwood Excelon Headunit
    * Colossus XXI Hifonics Mono Amp( 2 of them @ 3,000 Watts RMS Each)
    * Zeus 4400 Hifonics 4 Ch. Amp (440 rms)
    * 9500 MTX 12" woffer (4)
    * PCE 216 MB Quart components (front)
    * DTC 157 MB Quart Coaxials (rear)
    * DQS Audiocontrol Digital EQ/processor
    * O to 2 gauge JL Power wires
    * 3 Optima yellow top Deep cycle batteries
    * more than 300 square feet of Dynamat extreme
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-150 wide box.jpg  
    Last edited by ej20fan; 10-24-2004 at 12:42 PM.

Old one took up too much trunk space:

So here is my new one (batman symbol only is there for meets)

Quote Originally Posted by tubbytreats
    Regarding the Single DIN spacers.... I went to my local Subie dealer and told them I was doing a stereo install for an MP3/CD/WMA player and they gave me a free single DIN space plastic pocket which I use to carry all the miscellaneous crap that seems to accumulate in my car.

I think it's a better use of space than the single DIN cover. (Plus, you can heat up eggs in there in the mornings!) Just gotta crank up the music pretty high and voila!

do they have one for a 05??? cause i went to all the local places and they told me they didnt make one for it yet
    wtb aftermarket parts for a wrx

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    There's no difference. Any legacy pocket, or universal pocket that's single din will work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatWRX
    The silver pockets are from the Forester, it needs a bit of modding to fit into the WRX DIN slot. The Legacy pockets are black and should bolt right in.
    What modding is required? Does the pocket get modified or does the dash get modified?

Thanks
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

dear holy lord and jesus christ.............thats an extremely INSANE setup u've got there ej20fan... i'm in complete awe.....i stared at that for like 10 minutes....no joke...
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.