Pictures of your Stereo Set up - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pictures of your Stereo Set up within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I think that's the Legacy DIN unit and it fits the WRX. Your dealer might give you one if you ...

I think that's the Legacy DIN unit and it fits the WRX. Your dealer might give you one if you ask them. That's what I've heard, at least.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by edsmith42
    Here's a nice bland interior for ya

is it me or does the pic of the stereo setup look like a photoshop chop

no offence to u but ur camera is funky

Here's a nice bland interior for ya
    GIR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05 STi...not stock

2-10w7, jl 1001/1, and kenwood 869 HU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cimg0388.jpg  

Originally posted by 20wrx02
    is it me or does the pic of the stereo setup look like a photoshop chop

no offence to u but ur camera is funky

Sheesh... yah try to minimize resource usage by posting a smaller/lower rez pic... and they insult your camera...

See if I mention it's the Silver Forrester Pocket and that there's install info at
    this link or that the part number is 66128SA040... Yeah! see if I tell you that!

Doh....

Did I mention that I installed it upside down from how everyone else has apparently done it?

I like it because it opens with a nice smooth click...smooth release... no plasticky pop-open quick stuff...
    Last edited by edsmith42; 02-04-2004 at 07:17 PM.

Originally posted by jsmonet
    GIR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was the turkey all along!

Dern. need a link to post photos here huh?
    Move.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Toophless
    Dern. need a link to post photos here huh?
    Use "Attach File", as seen below...
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 12-15-2005 at 06:55 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Oh, cool, thanks!

This was a quickie for a sub enclosure to fit in with the cusco v bar. The abstract circles around the sub are just my lazy way of adapting to different sized subs. It's an 8" alpine in there now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscn0075.jpg  
    Move.

Regarding the Single DIN spacers.... I went to my local Subie dealer and told them I was doing a stereo install for an MP3/CD/WMA player and they gave me a free single DIN space plastic pocket which I use to carry all the miscellaneous crap that seems to accumulate in my car.

I think it's a better use of space than the single DIN cover. (Plus, you can heat up eggs in there in the mornings!) Just gotta crank up the music pretty high and voila!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

does adding a stereo system void the warranty in any way?

Originally posted by rokyholler
    does adding a stereo system void the warranty in any way?
    Yeah, if you have a stereo system capable of producing over 100db they void your transmission warranty since you obviously can't hear when to shift... :P

I could see if you did your own headunit install and then later on had wiring/electrical problems in your dash, they could say you voided your warranty for wiring things up wrong.

If you went to a local shop to have them install the radio, and they botched it up, you could go after then in the event that you have electrical problems most likely.

I did my own install and don't plan on having any problems with it. I'm not too concerned with my warranty either.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Yeah, if you have a stereo system capable of producing over 100db they void your transmission warranty since you obviously can't hear when to shift... :P
    lol. I'm hitting 135 dB in my current car, and I'll be swapping the system into a WRX once I get it. I already know I'm going to need acres of sound deadener.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Yeah, it's A subaru DIN cover but it's not for the WRX (if I remember correctly, I ordered it a long time ago)

I'll try to find the info on it and post it, but you might have better luck just searching on Nasioc for info. (for some reason nasioc is blocked from my current location)

It's a very good color match and required some minimal modification to fit correctly. I'm using it to hold the plug that lets me plug my ipod into my Head Unit. Yeah, I know the HU plays mp3s but it's sometimes faster to firewire music to the Ipod than to burn another mix disk... (grin)

The silver pockets are from the Forester, it needs a bit of modding to fit into the WRX DIN slot. The Legacy pockets are black and should bolt right in.
    03 WRB WRX

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast