You must tweak the factory sub!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on You must tweak the factory sub! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey, I read earlier that the factory sub sounds much better if you adjust it. Well, I did and is ...

You must tweak the factory sub!

Hey, I read earlier that the factory sub sounds much better if you adjust it. Well, I did and is is a big difference. I can't tell you exactly what I did, but I monkeyed with the adjustments (gain and high cut?) as I listened to some tunes until I liked it.

It is less boomy with good response to music with electric bass lines, etc. It still has a hard time with low low bass on hip hop but there is less distortion now. Not bad for a tiny sub under the seat.

Getting after market is better, but for a stock system, it is good and meets my needs.

Plus it was fun "modding" something else on the car.
    With great power comes great responsibility...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are adjustments on it? Where? I've never really looked.

If I remember correctly there are instructions on scoobymods.com on how to open up the sub enclosure and adjust stuff.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Okay.

The screws to adjust the sub are facing the center console. They are kind of a pain to get to I just used a really small screwdriver and a flaslight. Sounds SO much better.

Did you have to remove the subwoofer to make the adjustments?

I don't think you have to remove the sub to make adjustments but I think it's worth it for two reasons.

1. At least in my car a good portion of the rattles came from the arm connector for the sub. This is the metal piece that attaches the sub to the passenger seat. In mine this was a metal to metal contact point. I loosened the back bolt on the seat and pulled the arm out. Then pulled the sub off the carpet (it's suck there with double sided tape). Then I unscrewed the arm from the sub and removed the double sided tape. Then I just put some velcro on the bottom of the sub. Sticks to the carpet like glue and no rattles. I have never had it move an inch.

2. Now that I have removed the arm It's really easy to make adjustments whenever I want.

Hope this helps.
    2002 Aspen White:

AVO Turbo-back, AVO TMIC, AVO BOV, AVO Short RAM Intake, AVO 15lb Wastegate Actuator, 225/45/17 Toyo Proxes 4 tires on 17x7 ADR wheels, SPO Front and Rear Sway bars, H&R Springs, STI Hoodscoop, STI Grill

1983 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 121,000 original miles

I adjusted mine a long time ago. Frankly, I don't even rememeber what I did, but is sounded better after I did it.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.