New Head Unit? New Speakers? Both? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on New Head Unit? New Speakers? Both? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; DirgeNoir... How did you instlal aftermarket amps with the stock head unit? Was it a pain in the butt? Thanks!...

Amps

DirgeNoir... How did you instlal aftermarket amps with the stock head unit? Was it a pain in the butt? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Amps

Originally posted by Wallie
    DirgeNoir... How did you instlal aftermarket amps with the stock head unit? Was it a pain in the butt? Thanks!
    I went to CarToys. I'm all thumbs, so I left it to others. They made a glassfiber enclosure on the right side of my trunk for the 12" and its amp (hidden behind enclosure), and installed the other amp under the driver's seat. They did a really good job.

With the Alpine h.u. I'm turning off the internal amp, otherwise the oem subwoofer overpowers.

Re: Amps

Originally posted by Wallie
    http://www.davidnavone.com <==Read, and ye shall be enlightened.

A surprising number of aftermarket amps will also perform this function for you. Typically, they're not the top of the line models, but far from the crappy stuff. Rockford Fosgate's "Punch" series comes to mind. Look for "High Level inputs".

The Navone converters will probably be a better solution. They're not exactly cheap, but then neither is a head unit, so if the stock unit is still working, they can perform magic.

Rick

With that Legacy Pocket, do I have to be concerned if the front face of my CD player slides down? Like does anyone have a Pioneer DEH-P840MP or a similar model?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

my alpine unit does pretty much the same thing, when I insert a CD, so I would say no you will not have any problems.

considering the same thing

Will start with a aftermarket head unit. Most likely a Kenwood MP3 player. I don't have the money to do speakers or amp.

The question I have is can the stock sub be hooked up to an aftermarket head unit with out too much trouble. I know it's a piece but if tuned correctly fills out the stock system.

I will probably then do the rear speakers with some sort of sound dampening. Then the fronts with dampening. Then maybe an amp for the fronts.

What do you think?
    2002 Aspen White:

AVO Turbo-back, AVO TMIC, AVO BOV, AVO Short RAM Intake, AVO 15lb Wastegate Actuator, 225/45/17 Toyo Proxes 4 tires on 17x7 ADR wheels, SPO Front and Rear Sway bars, H&R Springs, STI Hoodscoop, STI Grill

1983 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 121,000 original miles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123