Impreza/Legacy Single DIN Pocket - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Impreza/Legacy Single DIN Pocket within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally posted by GTScoob My friend has that HU in his RX-7 and loves it. I got last years 9813 ...

Originally posted by GTScoob
    My friend has that HU in his RX-7 and loves it. I got last years 9813 for a little less than that. How much modification is required for the pocket?
    Very Little... You can use a dremel or if you don't have that a utility knife will work.
    I bought a 500sqft garage and a house comes with it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just installed my pocket today. I had to drill new holes in the radio brackets but I flubbed up. The right side of the pocket is about a millimeter higher than the left and the door rubs slightly when it opens. I had to rush to work otherwise I would have fixed it. I just need to expand the holes to lower that side and it will be nice.
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

Heres a pic of my DIN pocket.

and another

------------
    AWDrifter
    ------------

is there a din pocket that matches in color but doesnt require any modification?

Dont think so. You can get the black one that bolts right in or the silver one which requires drilling some holes in the radio brackets. When you drill the holes use a 7/32" drill bit, it is the correct size. I used a 3/16th at first and the holes were just barely too small but then I found the slightly larger bit.

I'm going to the big meet tomorrow and will take pics of it and my newly debadged rear hatch then
    13.2 @105 with the old auto. Now rockin a 4.44 standard tranny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12