Zapix's WRX : Stereo and HVAC Blue LED bulbs! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Zapix's WRX : Stereo and HVAC Blue LED bulbs! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; These may be the answer guys - being they are pcb mount, bend the legs out would make them very ...

These may be the answer guys - being they are pcb mount, bend the legs out would make them very thin, possibly put one behind each gauge?

http://www.ezhotdeal.com/store/product.aspx?prodid=3282 - 90 degree output blue LEDs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is there a reason why we need to cut the circuit board. From what i know for the HVAC the correct resistor in series should be enough to get the led working.

Quote Originally Posted by verc View Post
    hey I actually did my center console red and my dash blue

I painted all my bulbs.

And the center console turned out good, it's STi red now.

But the guage cluster is all teal and messed up, anyone have an idea? I took out all the green condoms but there's still green?

ANd how did you get the backlit stereo display to be blue? Which bulb is that?
    sand the gauge cluster down to get rid of the green film.

take the circut board off of the radio. and bend the four feet back. 3 will pop out one will just bend. pull it back and you'll see two bulbs. I used a small flat screw driver and peeled the condom off. then I just painted the two bulbs.
    2002 WRX wagon STG2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.