Stock Head Unit / Sub question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock Head Unit / Sub question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Ok, so i did some searching on this forum to try and find some answers, but came up with only ...

Stock Head Unit / Sub question

Ok, so i did some searching on this forum to try and find some answers, but came up with only part of the info i hoped to find.

I know that the stock head unit doesn't have preamp(line level) outputs, but what is used to feed the OEM subwoofer/amp combo? I was wondering if it'd be easiest to drive an amp for a subwoofer off of whatever feeds the stock sub/amp.
    '04 WRB Wagon
    K&N Panel Filter, Snorkusectomy
    Still to Come: many many things (waiting for the post-graduation cashflow to start) EDIT: Still Waiting for the money to start coming in......

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

0db
    Basically it looks like the Subaru sub simply pulls a signal off two of the speaker leads, probably front left and right.

If you're doing your own, it's useful to buy an amp like the JBL BP300.1 or 600.1 because tehy have "speaker level" inputs on them already, so all you would need to do is connect a pair of speaker wires from the existing speaker leads to the amp. You could even use something like vampire taps to pull the signal off, since the amp can be added in parallel with the existing speakers.

Originally posted by 0db
    probably front left and right.

It's tapped in the rear left and right
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.