Any thoughts on the 'Premium' speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on the 'Premium' speakers within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I'm looking at buying a WRX with the 'better' speakers and subwoofer. How is the sound quality with these? I ...

Any thoughts on the 'Premium' speakers

I'm looking at buying a WRX with the 'better' speakers and subwoofer. How is the sound quality with these? I know it wouldint be as good as aftermarket stuff, but how is it?
    "We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas"

2000 Camaro SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have these.
    They are not that bad, but you can do better with the aftermarket.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I have the "premium sound package." I had to wait a week after taking delivery on my car before they could install the premium components. I noticed a fair amount of difference (I am by no means a stereo fanatic). I haven't yet felt the need to try and change anything with the stereo system. The only issue I had was some rattling because a piece of paper was sitting on the sub, easy enough to fix though.

sound is similar to bose equipped cars. Sounds good to mid volume. At higher volume you loose bass response.
    03 grocery get'n wagon

Upgraded speakers & subwoofer

Much better than the very crappy standard speakers - and for less money than you could do anything aftermarket with a decent subwoofer. That being said they still make a strange anoying low mid bass resonance during certain note (doors vibrate funny) and the subwoofer doesn't go very low.

Doors & trunk need dynamat to quiet them down anyway.

my 2 cents

Re: Upgraded speakers & subwoofer

Originally posted by tower210
    Much better than the very crappy standard speakers - and for less money than you could do anything aftermarket with a decent subwoofer. That being said they still make a strange anoying low mid bass resonance during certain note (doors vibrate funny) and the subwoofer doesn't go very low.

Doors & trunk need dynamat to quiet them down anyway.

my 2 cents
    Thats the doors fault. All i know is i wish i had them over the paper garbage i have now.
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

I replaced the upgraded speakers with some old Infinitis at the first chance I got. Even that didn't help me get the level of response I was expecting out of the stock deck. When I was installing the speakers, however, I noticed that the stock sub was working (probably hadn't been working since I got the car). I got it replaced and WOW. It made a huge difference. I think I could have left the stock door speakers in there and I would have been happy.

In summary, unless you're a bass junkie or audiophile, the premium sound package will get the job done for you.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

I bought only the sub and put in aftermarket speakers. I road tested the premium package during a test drive. In my sometimes humble opinion...

Plusses of upgraded:

really easy installation - plug and play basically
    subwoofer fits nicely under the passenger seat; no cargo space needed
    there's always something to be said for a matched system front and back

Minuses:
    It's way too expensive for what it is. You can get much higher quality aftermarket stuff for the same price
    It's really not a booming system. The clarity is good, but we won't be hearing you thumping at stoplights (if you care)

I got my car with the premium sound system, promptly decided that it sucked and spent a small fortune upgrading it aftermarket which sounds 10 times better. I do not consider myself an audio nut, but I was coming from a BMW Harmon Kardon system, and the Subaru system just sounded awful! Basically, I wasted $600 on the premium system!

I wouldn't have got them, but the car I wanted (white) had the premium audio kit with speakers and subwoofer. They are pretty good for OEM speakers. Definitely better sound than on my last Honda, but not as good as the JBLs in my Acura. If it was my choice I would have ordered the car with "radio delete" but I don't think they do that on Subarus.

any of you guys want to sell me the upgrade speakers for cheap?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.