Sacrificing space for bass!?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sacrificing space for bass!? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Just got a new blue wagon and I love the added space. I'm tryin to be more practical as I ...

Sacrificing space for bass!?

Just got a new blue wagon and I love the added space. I'm tryin to be more practical as I grow older but I still enjoy some loud ( yet clear ) music. Any thoughts on how strike a balance? I like what I've heard about the Basslink but don't know where that could be placed where it wouldn't be intrusive. Also thinking that something under the seats would be great, but not sure if it's possible. Maybe some custom boxes? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up heres a plug

Check out this site he's got some nice custom boxes...

www.subee-sound.com
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

Check this Thread out...

Kevin's got some pics for the wagon box....

subee-sound enclosure updates
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

Hmmmm

Sorry to be completely skeptical but I went to the site and it's kinda busted up. No more info on the box and I couldn't e-mail the guy who makes em. The box looks top notch for sure but does he even want to sell them?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he just finished up the box for the wagon so maybe he's waiting to build a few more before starting to take orders. He is planning on selling them though.
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

hello everyone, sorry it is taking so long to check back on this topic. i have the wagon and sedan enclosures all done, and ready to go. i am waiting to get the GC stuff done this weekend, before taking any orders. sorry about the website, it has been awhile since i had it updated. i will have a new site up soon, i was waiting so i can get the new pics up on it. as far as selling goes, they will probably only be sold on the i-club for now, since i have been instructed not to sell here, since i do not have a business license. i understand those are the rules here, so i have no problem with that. i have been selling on the i-club for a year now, with not a single problem, if you want you can ask nick (the imprezident) about me to verify that, feel free to.

i am hoping to have a GB going within 2-3 weeks from this weekend. i am shooting for the $200-215 range, with shipping included. if anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at supersubee@cox.net , once again thanks.

Kevin
    www.subee-sound.com

P.S. thanks greg for the post
    www.subee-sound.com

Re: Sacrificing space for bass!?

Originally posted by bn8000
    . Maybe some custom boxes? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    I just had an enclosure built for a single 10 that fits inside the spare tire...very stealthy, very cool, very expensive. No loss of space though, and the sound is amazing.

He secured the spare with an ordinary bolt instead of the wing nut, then molded the bottom of the enclosure in fiberglass. The top is 3/4" MDF and 1/2" MDF to replace the tool tray. The stock cover panel goes over the top of it all. The amp is under the driver's seat.

Someday I'll have a digital camera so I can post pictures....

Wow

Let me get this straight....You didn't lose the spare tire or any space inside? Or did you have to ditch the spare for the sub? I know thats a silly question but my car is coming in two weeks so I can't really picture the space by the spare.

Re: Wow

Originally posted by bn8000
    Let me get this straight....You didn't lose the spare tire or any space inside? Or did you have to ditch the spare for the sub? I know thats a silly question but my car is coming in two weeks so I can't really picture the space by the spare.
    That's right. I still have the spare, but no tool tray. He molded the enclosure inside the spare, after ditching the big wing nut. It is slick. I will get some pictures itf I can borrow my sister's digital camera.

Ken

If you can, could you get some pics of the MDF top? I'm curious to see how it's vented.. assuming it is vented. ..any plastic covering in case of spills?

..I've heard of people using their wheel wells before, but not saving the spare. Can any run-of-the-mill car audio guy do this, or are we talking about a Car Audio Artisan?
    -Lance

Non Vented

The enclosure is non vented. There are two "finger holes" in the 1/2" top board to allow pulling it out to get to the spare. He put a banana plug on it so I could disconnect it to get to the spare or save weight when racing . The top board is carpeted and nearly matches the stock carpeting. So, the actual sub enclosure is round, but the top board is trapezoidal to sit on the little ledges that supported the tool tray.

He stripped the ribs, hook and cloth covering off the existing cover and it drops in place over the sub for a total stealth appearance or to carry cargo. Actually, I haven't tried it without the cover in place to see how it affects the sound.

I have had it less than a week, so I need to experiment a little. The guy who did mine is an awesome fiberglass molder, but there might be a few others out there who could do it.

I guess I really need to get some pics...
    Last edited by BSBG; 04-03-2002 at 07:42 PM.

sounds really neat! No rush on the pics, though. I don't have a digital camera, either, so I know how it goes..

..and by the way, welcome to the club!

Thumbs up Picture is worth 1000 words...

I stopped by the installer's today and he snapped a couple of pictures for me:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sub2.jpg  

The enclosure itself:

Here is the eclosure pulled out of the well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sub1.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    I found this on iclubs.

Quote:

Going with an amp first might be a bad idea with your budget because of the many reasons:

1, there is no pre-amp outs (RCA) on the stock radio, so you would have to get the converter (which would have a negative effect on the sound quality).

2, chances are you would have to rewire your speaker wires and run a power cable, and that costs alot (or is a pain if you are doing it yourself).

3, with a decent headunit, you would get comparable power (volume wise) going to your speakers as you would with an ok amp.

Ray

Is this true. Is there really no RCA pre amp out puts on the back of the stock 6 disk changer headunit in the WRX? If so how do you wire up an amp to the trunk.

I want to hook up my MTX Thunder 250 WATT amp and my 10" Bazooka. Please reply. I need to know soon.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

My car was also has the upgraded sound system and subwoofer under the passenger seat. Also, how is the subaru subwoofer hooked up to the stock stereo? Just speaker wires?
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 04-04-2002 at 05:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.