Need Help Guys Radio wont work
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need Help Guys Radio wont work within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; OK so here is the problem 3 days ago i got the pioneer Deh -9300 single din radio and me ...

Need Help Guys Radio wont work

OK so here is the problem 3 days ago i got the pioneer Deh -9300 single din radio and me and my friends installed it the install went well the radio worked fine but as soon as i started the car the speakers began to make a horrible noise which got louder with the engine reving (and yes i did run the power wire and the rca wires alone oppisite sides of the car) so we took the radio out to check the wires so my friend took the harness off and redid the tape nice and tight and we put the radio back in

and now we get no sound what so ever the radio is on and all the displays are showing music but the speakers wont work

help me audio gods

We did also try the stock radio so the speakers are working
    2002 Impreza WRX
    Aspen White
    (Not Stock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm lost give some more details on your setup. Are you running all 4 speakers off an amp? Check your RCAs, ground wire, and remote turn on lead. That horrible noise sounds like a bad ground loop. Was it kinda like a whiny noise that increased with RPM?
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

No im using the stock internal speakers the rcas seem fine they are monster wire brand new and yes the whine was like a screeech that gets louder with the engine revs the
    2002 Impreza WRX
    Aspen White
    (Not Stock)

Dude, that sound is from your alternator. You are getting signal feedback....probably your wires are not shielded...make sure that you never run the RCA cables along the car with ANY type of wire...beit power wire or even the remote wire. Attempt to isolate your signal wires and you should be all good.

Sheilded wire is key but that sounds more like a bad ground loop to me...where do you have the amp grounded? Make sure its a clean ground and short as possible. Kinda hard to avoid running your RCA along any kind of wire w/o tearing the entire car apart but a good set of RCAs should be sheilded to prevent that feedback.
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com

Audiophilez

ok no what about the fact that i am now getting no sound at all
    2002 Impreza WRX
    Aspen White
    (Not Stock)

everything works except for no sound....oh no...this happened to me once....did you, by mistake expose the remote wire to metal while the unit was on?? If you are not using the remote wire, which if you dont have an amp you are not, be sure to COVER it with a wire cap....you dont want that wire touching metal while the radio is in operation or good-bye fuse....what you have is a fuse problem i think...you have blown a fuse in the headunit...but check the fuses in your fuse box as well...also check the wire harness and be sure that all the wires are intact and that they are secured to the harness correctly.

By the way...you should use screw on wire tips b/c in the summer, that electrical tape is going to melt and make a sticky mess....with the caps you dont have to worry about any unwanted impedance (because don't forget that the electrical tape is an insulator and you dont want any remnants of the tape adhesive blocking your signal.)

Good point Knight you dont want that remote lead exposed b/c its 12v switched power....BUT he did say the head unit still turns on so if it was a blown fuse the head unit woundnt turn on at all and some of the dash lights would probably be out as well. I've done that in the past. Its hard to diagonis without being there to see it
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com

Audiophilez

well i took it to best buy and they said it was the speakers outputs they are ded i gotta send the radio back
    2002 Impreza WRX
    Aspen White
    (Not Stock)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.