just an open din...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on just an open din... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I just got a new head unit for my car, but its single din. Now i have a big gap ...

just an open din...

I just got a new head unit for my car, but its single din. Now i have a big gap right on my dashboard and am conteplating what im going to be puttin in there. Any ideas? I was thinking of putting an equilizer or Manual Boost Controller there (if its even possible). Does anyone have an idea if an MBC can be put in there under the CD player? If not, what can i put there? Thanks.
    02 platinum silver WRX sedan (stolen)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You could get a single din gauge holder and throw three 52mm gauges in there.

www.omorimeter.com

-Jim

I definately would have done that, but i already got the gauge pack option. Do you know if there are any MBC's that would fit there? thanks.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Last I checked, MBC = under the hood

If you're talking about an EBC, I know an Apexi AVCR will fit there, and, depending on how much you want to spend, both a Blitz Power Meter and SBC-ID will fit there, with them next to each other perfectly so you can control boost and get real-time results from the combination.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

are you sure the Apexi AVCR would fit there? It looks a little big, at least from the pics ive seen. The second option you mentioned sounds pretty good though.

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure about the AVCR but I know the SBC-ID and Power Meter will because I've seen it before

From a Garage SPL car:
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

It wouldn't matter if its on the lower part of the din with a cd player on top would it?

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Probably not

blitz makes a single-din panel which holds (correct me if i'm wrong) two 1/4-din components and a 42mm gauge.

Ok here we go:

1. The AVC-R will definitely fit below a single din unit - ive seen it in person.

2. There is one compant that makes a manual boost controller that has an adjustable valve that you can mount in the cabin - but Ive heard that its not that reliable.

3. When a Subaru comes to the dealership with a single din unit there is a little compartment with a door under it. If the customer then purchases the optional CD player for the lower din, or a double din unit - they remove this compartment and usually just throw it away. If you just go to a dealership and tell them you want one they'll probably just give it to you. Thats what I have under my radio - Ill try to take a picture this afternoon and post it for you.

Speed safely,

Joe

try the metra kit 88-00-9000 It looks great in my 02 WRX
    nikon

Is there any way i can get a pic of the apexi in the din space?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.