Double Din CD Changers
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Double Din CD Changers within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Why does anybody make an aftermarket 6-disk IN-DASH CD changer? I like to replace my sterio with something more powerful ...

Angry Double Din CD Changers

Why does anybody make an aftermarket 6-disk IN-DASH CD changer? I like to replace my sterio with something more powerful but don't want to loose the In-Dash CD Changer.

Has anybody found one yet?

-- Rich

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Alpine used to make a single DIN 3 disc changer. It had a pull out cartridge for 3 CD's. This was maybe 5 years ago, don't know if it is still avail.

Clarion and a few others have double DIN single CD w/ tape but that doesn't sound like what you want.

I went the MP3 route, since 150+ songs fit on a disc, a single disc holds more songs that 6 discs.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

whatabout down grading to a 3disk in dash of higher quality, and trying to squeeze the apexi avcr in there. will they fit? are you going electronic boost?

dR

tan
    Eclipse (by Fujitsu Ten) mas a 6-disc single din CD changer & also Am/FM with 6-disc CD changer. They have been out for a few years now.

A similar Eclipse unit was available as a Toyota accessory as well since around 1998.

Oh that's right, I forgot about those MP3 players. I was about to get one for my Civic until the tranny blew (my fault).

Anybody have any experience with them? I'm an MP3 junky! Lots of CD's from the past 4 years filled.

-- Rich

MP3 players you came to the right place my collection is very large also I'm an MP3 junky You say you want more power from the head unit well aftermarkets are about the same power rating but you'll get a little better sound from them, plus if you plan on expanding your system than thats the way to go. Lots of manufacturers make 2 DIN units, I like alpine and eclipse myself. You have some options with the MP3 players depending on how much you want to spend. Do you want portable or hard wired? The only 2 brands I would even consider looking at is Rio or Neo. Neo makes both portable and car units. Right now Rio only has portable units. I have an in dash MP3 head unit right now but I've been doing some research on this and decided to order a Rio Riot, its portable, 20 gig hard drive, and most versatile out of all of them. So if you have tons of MP3s you want at least 20-30 gig hard capactiy. The Neo gets mixed reviews some people love them, some hate them. Organization is key though if you have all your MP3s tagged well you'll be in good shape. Do you plan to upgrade speakers? amp?

Heres the websites PM me if you have any ques...

Neo www.ssiamerica.com
    Rio www.sonicblue.com
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

i use a rio800 128 with the tape deck. i was able to tuck the wire away for the most part, so it's pretty clean. i use velcro to stick it on the auxiliary spots by the ebrake.

dR

blaupunkt

blaupunkt actually has something for both worlds.
    they have two pieces that play mp3- san jose and los angeles, as well as having cd changer capabilities!!! and for the changer side they have a indash 5-disc changer. let me know if you need more info or goto www.blaupunktusa.com
    let the a$$ kicking begin!

Re: blaupunkt

Originally posted by socal
    blaupunkt actually has something for both worlds.
    they have two pieces that play mp3- san jose and los angeles, as well as having cd changer capabilities!!! and for the changer side they have a indash 5-disc changer. let me know if you need more info or goto www.blaupunktusa.com
    Hmm didnt know that thanx for the info...but still if you have tons of MP3s like I do 1000+ you can only fit maybe 90-100 on one CD...I'd rather have the capability of holding ALL my MP3s in the palm of my hand
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com

Audiophilez

blaupunkt

i not trying to be a sales person or something but later on this year blaupunkt will be coming out with a 1 gig changer. which is made by ibm. it has little 1 gig disc that is 1 inch by 1 inch!!! pretty cool huh? they also won an award for that at the ces show!!!

Re: blaupunkt

Originally posted by socal
    i not trying to be a sales person or something but later on this year blaupunkt will be coming out with a 1 gig changer. which is made by ibm. it has little 1 gig disc that is 1 inch by 1 inch!!! pretty cool huh? they also won an award for that at the ces show!!!
    Is this a CD? Most likely if its a CD older burners wont be able to read the format so a lot of people will be SOL. Or is this something you plug into your USB port and transfer files over? Sounds kinda cool I need more details on what it is exactly.
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com

Audiophilez

My ideal sterio for my car would be...

- 6 disc In-Dash CD player (double Din)
    - MP3 CD capabilities
    - Remote Control

Alpine, Eclipse, Clarion? do you hear me?

-- Rich

As far as I know no one makes an in dash CD/MP3 changer yet

I'll look around though.
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com

Audiophilez

mp3

Is this a CD? Most likely if its a CD older burners wont be able to read the format so a lot of people will be SOL. Or is this something you plug into your USB port and transfer files over? Sounds kinda cool I need more details on what it is exactly.
    The model # is MDP-01, it hooks up to any blau stereo that has cd changer controls. check it out at www.blaupunktusa.com

Drool! that is so wild. They've really changed the look of their headunits. They used to be sooo plain looking.

I remember several years ago there was this guy in the UK who made an in-dash MP3 player. Remember, this was in 1999. It costs $2500 and had a 2 gig harddrive. The thing was HUGE. It had a tuck-away module that housed the harddrive.

Times have changed.

If I can only get ODB-II software on a Window CE platform I'd be REAL happy!

-- Rich

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.