New stereo system installed! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on New stereo system installed! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally posted by Verdugo Here's the part number: 66120AE050 Jeff installed it with no modifications, provided you keep your stock ...

Originally posted by Verdugo
    Here's the part number:

66120AE050

Jeff installed it with no modifications, provided you keep your stock bracket. It just screwed right in!
    This had to be one of the easiest deck installs EVER! I swear it only took me probably 15 min to do the deck and the pocket.

The pocket Armin got mounts directly in with NO modification, it is a perfect fit. I would suggest to make it as easy as it was for me , get the "aftermarket deck to Stock plug" harness.. wire that to the deck and then just plug it in! VERY simple.

Hope this helps

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by HiFiWRX
    This had to be one of the easiest deck installs EVER! I swear it only took me probably 15 min to do the deck and the pocket.

The pocket Armin got mounts directly in with NO modification, it is a perfect fit. I would suggest to make it as easy as it was for me , get the "aftermarket deck to Stock plug" harness.. wire that to the deck and then just plug it in! VERY simple.

Hope this helps
    ditti HFW on this.

my circa 1996 sony head started to act flaky. the SOURCE button stopped working correctly. so in the parking lot of McD's i took out the cup holder (2 screws) and then pried out the radio and HVAC front face. took out 6 screws and out pop the head unit and the pocket.

i then connected the wired remote and everything was fine and dandy.

now, the downside... thieves know this as well.

do yourself a favor and find some weird head screws that uses the same pitch as the phillips head screws. that ways, thieves may give up when they see allen head plus a couple more wacky ones... [insert evil smiley]

now, for those decks that has it's own harness that plugs into the back of it, check with CIRCUIT CITY.

they MAY have a harness that goes from the back of the deck, to their harness which then plugs to the car side harness. no more butt connectors.

really slick. downside is that it costs another $16, in addition to the harness for the car. but man, i like that so much...
    leo d.
    04 JBP Sti

Looks really sweet!.

How much do those din cover run ?
    2oo2 WRX Sdn
    'less is more'

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by GTiOne
    Looks really sweet!.

How much do those din cover run ?
    About $20-25 if I remember correctly.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I like the b!tch please too
    Awsome setup, everything looks very well done.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

Thanks for the info on the subs. I am not wanting an "SPL System", I just like for my bass to hit clean and hard. I am just afraid of being disappointed because I am used to a couple of JL 12s running with 1000 watts. Those were not SPL monsters, but could cleanly hit over 140 dB in a sealed box. I just do not want to give up my whole trunk, what little of it there is to the subs. So I am trying to find a good solution that will hit clean and hard and also be compact. I know, perfection in a sub system, the impossible system, small and hard hitting.

Thanks again.

-the_bear

Verdugo, are the dash dials stock or did you modify the bulbs or a kit.

Looks great.

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by hrb93
    Verdugo, are the dash dials stock or did you modify the bulbs or a kit.

Looks great.
    Those are indiglo gauges I got from Procarparts.com...look ok, but they're a pain to install, and I won't ever get them for any other car I'll have in the future.
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

Freakin Kewl.

Sorry, I know this is a super old thread but do you have pictures of the dash with the door flap closed? I am thinking of doing the same thing as you: Alpine head unit, Subaru carbon fiber trim, and the Legacy pocket. I'd like to see how the Legacy pocket looks against the CF trim.

Thanks!

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby9
    Sorry, I know this is a super old thread but do you have pictures of the dash with the door flap closed? I am thinking of doing the same thing as you: Alpine head unit, Subaru carbon fiber trim, and the Legacy pocket. I'd like to see how the Legacy pocket looks against the CF trim.

Thanks!
    Yep, if you click the link where it says "more pics here" on the first original post, you'll see a couple pics.

Thanks! I missed the link when I read your post. That's a beautiful install. I really like the carbon fiber trim and your gauges!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo
    Yep, if you click the link where it says "more pics here" on the first original post, you'll see a couple pics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123