Tv Screen Setup?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tv Screen Setup? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I remeber seeing a set up that put a aftermarket head unit in the oem gauge pod and a screen ...

LCD Screen Setup?

I remeber seeing a set up that put a aftermarket head unit in the oem gauge pod and a screen where the stock head unit was. Does anyone have any info/pics on this?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Wright; 06-18-2003 at 08:45 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks. Anyone have this set up, how do u like it?

Thumbs up

I have it setup but I used a different 7inch monitor (blaupunkt).. The cd player location is gonna be quite odd at first, it's a reach from the drivers seat and I've just gotten used to using my remote control. When it's sunny the screen is barely visible but it looks way tight at night! I'm used to it now but people will always comment on how custom your car will look after you do it.

-alex

my vid system

here is a pic of my vidio system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dashresize.jpg  
    STI short throw shifter,blitz bov, clear corners, mbc, grill, white face gages, hks catback, AEM intake, full sony audio system, more that i cant recall right now.

I have the set up matt does good work. I got amps and subs installed too so now i have a nice car-theater system

I was wondering if there is any way that you could add GPS to that system?

Originally posted by ScoobyDooWRX
    I was wondering if there is any way that you could add GPS to that system?
    I think it would be based off of the head unit. If the head unit has the capability built in or not. I have seen a few that do. But I don't know if those are the ones with the built in screen or not.

bambams247
    I took a little different approach. I have 3 video sources and I wanted each person to have their own screen. I also wanted to keep it stealth. Since I have a 20% tint in the back you really can't see whats back there. I mounted a screen in each headrest, and for the front I mounted one screen in each sun visor. Thats what I have right now. I am considering a flip out screen as well but they are expensive. What is a good one that isnt too expensive, preferably an Alpine.

P.S. Is anyone possibly selling a used Alpine flip out screen?

Originally posted by bambams247
    Since I have a 20% tint in the back you really can't see whats back there. I mounted a screen in each headrest, and for the front I mounted one screen in each sun visor.
    I wanted to ad some screens back there myself... more for the awe factor. Did you do the install? Got any pictures?

bambams247
    Originally posted by Boozted
    I wanted to ad some screens back there myself... more for the awe factor. Did you do the install? Got any pictures?
    Let me find some pictures, and no I didn't do the isntall, Autosonics did it.

bambams247
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgp0158.jpg  

bambams247
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgp0159.jpg  

bambams247
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgp0172.jpg  

bambams247
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imgp0175.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.