Tv Screen Setup? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Tv Screen Setup? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally posted by bambams247 how did you get it to fit in there?? is there room behind it? Can you ...

Originally posted by bambams247
    how did you get it to fit in there?? is there room behind it?
    Can you change the radio station/cd without taking your eyes off the road for long periods of time? looks like an awkward place. I used to have a skyfi XM radio down there and it was pretty hectic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by bambams247
    how did you get it to fit in there?? is there room behind it?

plenty of room, the radio was pretty short--

as for the other question the buttons are easy to use as for changing stations-- besides i listen to CD more anyways

thanks for ur questions

bambams247
    i fyou can write a tutorial or take some pictures of how you got the radio in there, or the space behind there and such, that would be cool, cuz i want to stick my head unit somewhere else and maybe get a screen there or seomthing else, i have 2 din sized items i want to stick in there now, but i want to get a 3rd one (alpine mp3 hard drive) and there is no room, i also want to put another changer (12 disc to acompany the 6 disc in the trunk) in the glovebox for easy access and such, i might fiberglass some of the center console area, but i want a nice clean install before i do that.

Originally posted by 20wrx02
    i used a thin piece of plastic that matches the interior and just cut a strip to match the top. i will be fiberglassing the entire shifter and radio trim to make it more professional
    Does it actually bend around the sides? I am doing this very soon. Would it be worth my time to take it to a shop to do or just do it my self (only installed 1 radio and it was plug and play basically)?

*edit: I meant putting the radio down there and putting the plastic around it.
    Last edited by FFWRX; 03-19-2004 at 01:26 PM.
    l Mods l

Originally posted by FFWRX
    Does it actually bend around the sides? I am doing this very soon. Would it be worth my time to take it to a shop to do or just do it my self (only installed 1 radio and it was plug and play basically)?

*edit: I meant putting the radio down there and putting the plastic around it.

in order for you to bend it the piece has to be heated -- if u think you can do it -- its worth a try you never know--- dont underestimate yourself till you had a wing at it..

worse comes to worse has someone do it for you after u F-ed up

02wrx02 how much stuff is behind there? All of the parts came in and I plan on doing it this weekend.
    l Mods l

Originally posted by FFWRX
    02wrx02 how much stuff is behind there? All of the parts came in and I plan on doing it this weekend.
    hey there now as for the radio are you putting it in the same spot as mine ?

if so you will have to remove your ashtray and cig lighter . by using a dremel cut away at the shifter trim till the radio sits flush.

.. you have the option of relocating the stock airbag sensor which is sitting behind on the shifter trim. but i choose to leave mine.

if you take your time its easy --- 2 bad you dont live where i live then i could help you.

Matt does very good work... I would recomend him to ANYONE lookn at getn a screen

bambams247
    Originally posted by 20wrx02
    hey there now as for the radio are you putting it in the same spot as mine ?

if so you will have to remove your ashtray and cig lighter . by using a dremel cut away at the shifter trim till the radio sits flush.

.. you have the option of relocating the stock airbag sensor which is sitting behind on the shifter trim. but i choose to leave mine.

if you take your time its easy --- 2 bad you dont live where i live then i could help you.
    any problem with hitting, pushing, tapping the airbag sensor? How much room is there, i dont wanna mess with something like that, I also have tons of FAT wires running to my head unit, is there enuf room, they barely fit behind the ehad unit as it is???

After I removed the ashtray and the cig lighter I cut a metal bar that was behind everything so that the head unit could move back a little and have plenty of room for the wires. I am getting it fiberglassed right now. As soon as I get it back I will take some pics and post them.
    l Mods l

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123