Rear Speaker Install

This is a discussion on Rear Speaker Install within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Well installed some 4" Infinity Kappa 2 way speakers today. Install was very easy. Take the door panel off and ...

Rear Speaker Install

Well installed some 4" Infinity Kappa 2 way speakers today. Install was very easy. Take the door panel off and I see the factory speaker is mounted in a plastic casing. Took the stockers out and the infinity's fit in there perfect, mounting holes matched up and all Then we run into a little problem go to put the door panel back on and the tweeter protrudes too far so its interfeering with the door panel So what I had to do was rip that plastic housing out and mount the speakers directly to the door. Sorry unfortunately I dont have any pics b/c my digital camera died

Mounting depth isnt an issue at all I could've probably fit some 6.5" speakers back there but the issue is clearance with the door panel. Other than drilling a few new holes install was cake took about 30 mins total. Any ques drop me a PM
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey I got a Q for ya about what speaker size to get. Infinity says the WRX sedan takes 5 1/4" all around but you used different ones, so will 5 1/4" fit or should I get 6 1/2" up front instead and 4" in the back like you did? Will I need to do drilling or some other "custom" modifications to get the speakers to fit? I am getting the speakers before I get the car because I am getting a really good deal so I really need some good information so that I am not stuck with worthless speakers when I buy my car. Thanks for any knowledge you can throw my way
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Infinity is wrong the rears are 4" and the fronts are 5 1/4". You could fit 5 1/4" in the rear but in my opinion its a waste of money. Go with some 5 1/4" components for the front and amp those puppies, if you dont plan to add a sub get a 4 channel amp and do the rears also. I'm doing an install of 6.5" infinity components in the front they should fit but it will require a little more work. Either way you'll have to drill new mounting holes they wont match the stock mounting configuration.
    2003 WRX this summer
    GregFarz3@excite.com
    http://community.webshots.com/user/gregfarz78

Like free MP3's? Join my club, mention clubwrx.net
    Audiophilez