basslink question

This is a discussion on basslink question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Is it alright to have a basslink and the oem subwoofer going at the same time? Would this cause any ...

basslink question

Is it alright to have a basslink and the oem subwoofer going at the same time? Would this cause any problems? thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if the wiring is correct and unit secured shouldn't be any problems.

By your question however, I would wonder how you have it wired. Basslink should have its own draw direct from the battery.

yeah I have the basslink getting power straight from the battery. I just wonder if its ok to have them both playing at the same time.

As long as wiring is correct and as you say the draw is from the battery you're fine.

The Basslink is what I consider an "open cabin" sub for the wagons or suvs. As long as its good to your ears its what counts.

Ok thanks, I just thought I might have the oem sub going, to give me some midrange bass.

this may be a good idea! Let me know how it turn out, I may add a OEM sub soon if the results are promising!

I think it's a much better idea to set the crossover on the Basslink to accept as much middle range as possible, and sell the stock sub to offset the cost of the Basslink.

$199 for the Basslink minus $95 for the stock subwoofer = $104, plus I have room to mount my satellite radio tuner under the passenger seat.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Can the Basslink be installed under the passenger seat, similar to the stock Subaru subwoofer's install? I was looking to upgrade my sound with minimal loss of cabin/hatch space.

Originally posted by fuzzymemory
    Can the Basslink be installed under the passenger seat, similar to the stock Subaru subwoofer's install? I was looking to upgrade my sound with minimal loss of cabin/hatch space.
    No way. It's like 8" high. The stock underseat sub is like 3" high.

By the way, I think I blew my stock sub (which I'm using with a Basslink). But it kind of blew anyway, so I just completed the process.