Looking for the best speaker for WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Looking for the best speaker for WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have Polk/MOMO 6.5" components up front and they are wonderful. Highs are crisp without being to sharp, and huge ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I have Polk/MOMO 6.5" components up front and they are wonderful. Highs are crisp without being to sharp, and huge midbass. They were a bit tricky to get in the door, but it's worth the effort. I would recommend these and the JL XR's.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In my humble opinion mb quarts are nice at a moderate level until you turn them up then they get too distorted. Rainbow speakers is a great brand. There components have a great midrange and highs which in my opinion is whats need with speakers other than subs. The cost might be a little high but they are worth it..... I dont know if you guys have heard of the Millenium Mack. The company that put the stereo in it is located 5 miles from my house and the own is a good friend and he let me hear the speakers and it kicked every system i have heard ass. BTW u guys will be seeing a new pick up designed for the gentleman who owns the Millenium Mack soon in truckin mag.. Theres my 2 bits.

Go with Focal Utopias, only $600+ for a component set, an incredible deal!

j/k, they are pricey but the best speaker I have ever heard!

I currently have a set of PolyKevlar Focals and they are pretty good too for around $400 for a 5.25" set.
    STi or EVO, which one is right for me?

Originally posted by MidKnight
    I have Polk/MOMO 6.5" components up front and they are wonderful. Highs are crisp without being to sharp, and huge midbass. They were a bit tricky to get in the door, but it's worth the effort. I would recommend these and the JL XR's.

Would you mind throwing up a picture of your install/end result.

I really want to fit some 6.5"ers into my WRX when I get it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I will try to get some pics up this weekend... I'll tell you now that it's a pretty hack-job install.... and with the dynamat on the doors it looks pretty frankensteinish...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Speakers

I love my CDT Phase Perfect components up front and an image dynamics sq subwoofer all run by a JL amp with an Alpine Headunit. CDTs are wonderful speakers.
    tibikefor2

Originally posted by MidKnight
    I will try to get some pics up this weekend... I'll tell you now that it's a pretty hack-job install.... and with the dynamat on the doors it looks pretty frankensteinish...
    It's all good, I am just impressed that you tried it!
    My stereo is very important to me, I currently have the following in my Rodeo:
    Kenwood MP3 cd head unit, not sure on the model
    Focal PolyKevlar 5.25" Components up front
    Kicker 4" Resolution Midranges in the rear
    a 12" Polk Db Sub
    running on a Rockford Fosgate Punch 250

I installed everything myself but the front speakers
    (for warranty reasons) and am extremely pleased with the results.
    Last edited by wrxmansoon; 03-30-2003 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjackswrx
    I have a set of Focal access 165 components in my front doors, I tried fitting a set of the polykevlars, but after two days and 5 different spacers I came to the conclusion that they will not fit. I also have a set of the Focal polyglass 100cv 4" in the rear and a jl 250/1 on a jl12w3v2 with a alpine v12 amp on the components. Overall I am very pleased with the overall sound, I just really wish I could have got the polykevlars to fit.
    How do you like the Focal 165As? I'm considering buying these...stock speakers just don't cut it for me anymore.
    '03 Aspen white rex

-Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ running on a MTX audio 420D.
    -Kicker SS components (6.5") running on a hifonics saturn a4000
    -60 sq. ft of edead v1.2se

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    $300 for MB quarts is not reasonable. Like me selling a brand new WRX for 10K out the door. The ones you linked to are an older model, which are now the PCE 216's. The old Q's were not discontinued, but bumped down. They do not compare, nor sound anything like the new Q's. Either way, they are still good speakers, but not really Q's. Kinda like the 2001 Cobra, it's the same name as the current one, looks really similar, but performs nothing alike.

I personally like the MB's. They are no brighter than the Focals, and a simple resistor can fix a tweeter for you in regards to harshness/brightness. The Focals, other than the Access or Poly-glass slim line will not fit. I've tried, and even with moving the window rail, I was unable to create enough space. The diamonds are nice, very good mid-bass, but a little pricey for what you get. But then again, it's US made, and comes with an awesome warranty.

If anyone's interested, I'm a direct dealer for all of the above, as well as many other lines.

The JL components, in my opinion, are a sheer waste of money. Not enough performance for what you're paying. The stuff is good, but overpriced.

Really great and inexpensive are the Kove Audio components. I've got a set. They can be had for very little, and sound awesome. I've got a set in my car right now, and really do like them.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

How much are the kove components?
    Also, I noticed under the specifikations page that kove says that the KC60s only have 55-9khz response...that seems like it is really low, especially with tweeters.... is that specification with tweeters? If not, what is the response on the tweeters?
    Would I have to move the window bar to install the speakers? Or can i just make spacers and be done w/it?
    '03 Aspen white rex

o sh*t lol...gr its a shame that those koves are outta my price range....
    maybe i can find em on ebay for less than $319
    '03 Aspen white rex

Quote Originally Posted by Musto
    In my humble opinion mb quarts are nice at a moderate level until you turn them up then they get too distorted. Rainbow speakers is a great brand. There components have a great midrange and highs which in my opinion is whats need with speakers other than subs. The cost might be a little high but they are worth it..... I dont know if you guys have heard of the Millenium Mack. The company that put the stereo in it is located 5 miles from my house and the own is a good friend and he let me hear the speakers and it kicked every system i have heard ass. BTW u guys will be seeing a new pick up designed for the gentleman who owns the Millenium Mack soon in truckin mag.. Theres my 2 bits.

What are some specs on these rainbows?
    RMS wattage, impedance, frequency response range, mounting depth, etc...
    i can't find any info like that on the rainbow site...

anyone got other suggestions on speakers?
    I've got a sub, so i'm looking for some speakers around $150-250 with great mid and high range performance, and with decent low range.
    Last edited by tracker7821; 11-06-2004 at 06:48 PM.
    '03 Aspen white rex

Here is my secret

I like MB Quart, JL Audio, Diamond Audio, and especially Focal.
    The secret is this www.woofersetc.com
    I dont know how they do it, but it is cheap.
    I dont advertise for anyone, but I tell ya, its saved me SO much.
    Try it, and see what you come up with.
    OUT

ok i am getting my stereo done very shortly in my 04 wrx, what will i need to make the door speakers fit perfectly the first time?? and what size speakers fit in the doors without and cutting or grinding of the door??? i have seen the adapter kit for the 04 sti and i was wondering is this the kit most people get???

please someone help

Definitely not ultra-premium speakers, but I'm extremely happy with my Memphis MSQ6 6.5" Components which ran me about $350 for the pair about a year ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.