New Navigation/DVD system is here!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Navigation/DVD system is here! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! MY Pioneer Avic D3 came in today!!!! Saturday morning install project FTW!!! Pics and such will follow!!!...

Cool New Navigation/DVD system is here!

weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! MY Pioneer Avic D3 came in today!!!!

Saturday morning install project FTW!!!

Pics and such will follow!!!
    Last edited by Mikie13; 06-26-2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: pics added
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what are the features/price on that?
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    what are the features/price on that?
    6 inch screen

external controls as well as touch screen controls

DVD Navigation...features are only available with the DVD in, but map and preloaded destination works with DVD out...plays music still with map in use

12million points of interest

Easy DVD parking break override

IPOD hookup (with cable) Seamless integration...

great picture clarity and good touch screen features...

Customizable to pretty much any color that your dash lights up...

I can customize my soundsystem for subs and crap, which is what I want too, good power from the HU to speakers...

A bunch of other technical jargon, but the features above are why I bought it...

It pretty much does everything all the VERY expensive units do, just at about half the price, and same reliability. CNET had very good reviews on it from users and buyers...

Suggested retail is $1000, Best Buy sells it for that...but I got mine on Ebay for $730 shipped (arrived in 2 days after Buy It Now). Its brand new 2007 model, none of that refurbished crap...so...I'm psyched to put it in!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice unit! Can't wait for the pics.
    Wish I had money to really spruce up the system in my car properly.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Nice unit! Can't wait for the pics.
    Wish I had money to really spruce up the system in my car properly.

Thanks man!

I did so much searching and comparing and research and it basically just came down to what I wanted and needed, all rolled up into one of the cheapest packages ever...seriously how is that not the best deal ever!?

BTW...
    Hahaha...love the avatar change Ray!

i really like the d3 ...i have the iva-w200 with the blackbird and i should have held off and got the d3. such is life
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Oh man sounds awsome. Pics!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

i actually put the same unit in my car about a week ago. i also bought it from e-bay for $720 and recieved it within 48hours. its a great unit, very stoked on it. i love how you have 32,000 options for the colors ofthe buttons to perfectly match the interior lights. i hope you also bought the i-pod interface, as your i-pod will not be connected otherwise. i believe its an extra $30. have fun with it, i know i am.

Pics Pics Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    i actually put the same unit in my car about a week ago. i also bought it from e-bay for $720 and recieved it within 48hours. its a great unit, very stoked on it. i love how you have 32,000 options for the colors ofthe buttons to perfectly match the interior lights. i hope you also bought the i-pod interface, as your i-pod will not be connected otherwise. i believe its an extra $30. have fun with it, i know i am.
    Of course I got the IPOD connection...this thing is butter...

I spent last night putting it in. I wired the Unit harness and the wiring harness together, then pulled the dash apart and went to town. Everything was very, very easy. The hardest part was running the stupid Reverse signal wire from the taillight assembly. Second hardest part, was figuring out which wire to connect to for the speed sensor...3rd hardest part, was figuring out what I wanted to do first: watch a DVD, go for a drive, or crank my music!

Overall, it took only about an hour and a half. Suby's are so clutch for installs because there is a TON of room behind the dash and the Head unit, so even with all the wires, you can fit everything back there fine. The brackets that come with the stock unit for mounting unscrew and screw on perfectly to the D3.

Best thing about it though...is the DVD playback bypass is the simplest thing on the face of the planet. Its a matter of just grounding two wires. You can splice them right in to the ground wire of the harness...BAM!- instant DVD/Full nav control while the car is moving...BTW, the NAV function is awesome...very up to date with this year's map software and it has been spot on with its locationing.

And one of the best things I am happy about, is how freaking clean and better the stock speakers sound! I have the 6 speaker "upgraded" audio system, but playing them loud just couldn't happen because of distortion. What I've figured out is that the stock head unit must not have been that powerful at all, despite it being a "good" Clarion unit. The speakers weren't getting enough power, thus clipping and distorting the sound. I can now crank it and get even good bass reproduction from them...

I can't wait to play around with it even more when I get home...and I'll see about taking some pictures and posting

Banned
    I can't see how you had any room left behind the dash

When I put mine in for the last time I had to buch the wires so bad. I even had to relocate the sat radio sender by the shift boot.

I think you will be very happy with your purchase.

You get to join the big baller club now.
    We get to laugh at all the people saying how great there stock radio is.

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    I can't see how you had any room left behind the dash

When I put mine in for the last time I had to buch the wires so bad. I even had to relocate the sat radio sender by the shift boot.

I think you will be very happy with your purchase.

You get to join the big baller club now.
    We get to laugh at all the people saying how great there stock radio is.
    I removed the Sat radio sender...just had no need for it because I'm not paying the monthly subscription and they "threw it in" my deal because I didn't want it in the first place, but the car in stock had it already. I even cut off the Sat radio antenna that was sticking out on the window in right side...

Most of the wires I had left, I was able to just rest them down on the right side kinda next to where the glove box access hole is...the regular power/speaker wire harness wasn't too big, its all the RCA inputs/outputs that are bulky and they fit nicely in that spot.

Funny thing is though, I used to think the stock radio was really good. It had ok sound, but I liked the 6 disk changer, haha. Now I have no need for the factory Aux jack or the car charger for my Ipod!

All I have to do now is hook up my subs...I ran the wires from the D3 already...just gotta run my power cords and throw the goodies in the trunk!

I really like how responsive the touch screen is though: some other units I've seen are really delayed and sometimes require one or two extra touches before its even registered by the unit...none of that screwy business going on here...

Happy so far in day 1

Pictures Pictures Pictures!!!

Took some pics with my crappy camera phone because I don't have a regular one...they came out pretty decent for being stuck in traffic...but here you go...I am absolutely loving this DVD/Navi head unit...best $700 investment I made (besides Stage 2 )

Banned
    Looks good man

Now go bump that ish all up and down the block tell your ears start bleeding.

I love the SAT radio. I don't listen to anything else. EVER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast