New Navigation/DVD system is here! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on New Navigation/DVD system is here! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by 07wrx4life I actually spent about 2 hours last night searching and reading and searching some more and ...

Quote Originally Posted by 07wrx4life View Post
    I actually spent about 2 hours last night searching and reading and searching some more and had my self set on that same unit. i really dont have any questions now since you pretty much explained them all ill be buying this unit in the next month or so.

by the way what subs / amp are you running?
    I'm running an older Alpine Type R 12" off of a "800" watt brokeass Pyramid Amp. The sub is awesome (I have 2 of them, but only want to use 1 right now. I've had that sub for almost 4 or 5 years now. I used to run the 2 of them in my other cars with a HUGE Alpine MRV-1507 amp which put out a true 800-900 watts of power. Perfect combination. I am looking to upgrade my Subwoofer because I have a true 800watt Planet Audio amp chillin in my garage. I just would rather put my money into other performance mods as opposed to that audio.

I wanna get a JL 12 W6 V2...SICK subwoofer that should work perfectly with the Planet Audio Monoblock amp...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm jealous... Looking good mikie!! (send me one for christmas!!)
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    I'm jealous... Looking good mikie!! (send me one for christmas!!)
    thanks Jen!

I'd love to send you one, I just have to clear $5k worth of Credit card debt out first
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I just ordered one off ebay yesterday. I can't wait to get it in! You wrote that the only hard parts were the wires for the speed sensor and reverse. Could you tell me which ones you used? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DocLiv View Post
    I just ordered one off ebay yesterday. I can't wait to get it in! You wrote that the only hard parts were the wires for the speed sensor and reverse. Could you tell me which ones you used? Thanks.

The speed sensor is a green and black wire behind the gauge pod of an STI...on your car, not too entirely sure. I know it was on the wire harness clip that attaches to the Speedometer (closest to the center console of an STI)...so it makes sense that it would be on the speedometer, right? Let me see if I can dig something up on that...I know Nasioc had a great install writeup on the D3

But they give you a LOOOOOOONG wire that you can run to your taillights. Just connect to the positive wire of the reverse light. I'm sure theres something easier, I just did this for peace of mind knowing that it was definitely the reverse light.

Thanks for the help Mikie!

I installed mine last week and I really love it. Install was super easy thanks to you guys. The parking brake mod worked like a charm and I hooked the VSS wire to the ECU, so everything is working perfectly. I'm a little worried somebody might see it and decide to take it, so I'm making a dummie to put in it's place. This is what I've got so far.

It's the stock subbie HU, but I made it without destroying it, in case I want to put the stock one back in. I'm going to work on it some more to make it look more convincing, but it's better than nothing for now.

^^^^DUDE thats awesome

VSS to the ECU was a smart choice as well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123