New Navigation/DVD system is here! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Navigation/DVD system is here! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; i want one...

i want one
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Looks good man

Now go bump that ish all up and down the block tell your ears start bleeding.

I love the SAT radio. I don't listen to anything else. EVER
    Sirrius is really good stuff, though I don't have mine connected cause I don't wanna pay for it (still saving for a motorcycle )

The subs and amp aren't in quite yet...though I have everything wired
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I would invest in some upgraded security now....no hiding that thing. It is very nice though.
    '04 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by ritchey555 View Post
    I would invest in some upgraded security now....no hiding that thing. It is very nice though.
    +1...will be doing that very soon...thanks for the compliments!
    Last edited by Mikie13; 06-26-2007 at 01:54 PM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

only reason i dont wanna get it is because in order to play a CD you have to remove the DVD NAV disc... meaning u cant use the navigation. thats the ONLY thing is holding me back from buying it
    Last edited by Ditch64; 10-25-2007 at 09:19 PM.

Use it with ipod.
    I got a D3 but navigation is not accurate. my tomtom910 is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch64 View Post
    only reason i dont wanna get it is because in order to play a CD you have to remove the DVD NAV disc... meaning u cant use the navigation. thats the ONLY thing is holding me back from buying it
    IPod is seamless ($30 for the cables) and perfect IMO...also, once you have the NAV in, punch in your coordinates and set the map...then you can take out the NAV DVD and pop in a CD to listen to. The Route you are driving is saved in the temporary memory. For the price...you absolutely cannot beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark729 View Post
    Use it with ipod.
    I got a D3 but navigation is not accurate. my tomtom910 is much better.
    Thats odd...are your windows tinted? Where is your antenna located? Also, did you hook up the reverse indicator and speed sensors? Those all make a big difference. Mine is very accurate believe it or not...

k u totally just changed my mind lol i did not know this!!!!

which seller did you buy from on ebay, I plan to order mine this week
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
    yall retarded i sware!!! horsepower my ass!!!! BOV is gay!!! but it came with the car and the Bypass is broke so what can i do!!!
    Improper grammar, incorrect spelling, and excessive exclamations kills 5 kittens a day.

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonteg View Post
    which seller did you buy from on ebay, I plan to order mine this week
    Dis guy: greatdeals4uonline

Fast as hell

how do you get the stock radio out on our cars?

i assume its the regular subaru harness, ie same one from my 04 forester

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pentavolvo View Post
    how do you get the stock radio out on our cars?
    What year do you have?

For 2002-03:

1)Pull out cup holder above stereo, remove 2 screws on either side. Remove cup holder.
    2)Pop out trim around stereo. (carefully)
    3)Remove 6 screws holding stereo chassis in dash.
    4)Pull out stereo

I can change a WRX radio out in about 3 minutes, now.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

its an 07... im doin a D3 in the next few weeks and ill do a full writeup for install and all that good stuff, i just dont wanna mess the dash up takin it apart

Quote Originally Posted by pentavolvo View Post
    its an 07... im doin a D3 in the next few weeks and ill do a full writeup for install and all that good stuff, i just dont wanna mess the dash up takin it apart
    Ray's got it down pat. Its really easy and you won't mess up anything. The D3 fits PERFECTLY. Even the stock mounting brackets on the stock radio come off and 3 of the 4 holes on each bracket match perfectly with holes on the D3.

Edit: He's got it for the 02-03. Ours are a little different.

-Grab the lower console by gripping into the shift boot area and pull up. It pops right up and that will give you access to the 2 screws you need to unscrew the console surrounding the radio.

-Unscrew those screws and you basically just pull out and down and the top part will then pop off.

-Then unscrew the 6 screws holding the radio in. Everything comes out and unclips easily.

I actually spent about 2 hours last night searching and reading and searching some more and had my self set on that same unit. i really dont have any questions now since you pretty much explained them all ill be buying this unit in the next month or so.

by the way what subs / amp are you running?
    07 WRX TR
    | APS CAI | APS TMIC | SPT Short Throw Shifter | SRs 3" DP + Greedy EVO 2 CB | Blouch DOM 3.0R | Deatchwerks 750's | Walbro FP | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Up Pipe | Perrin EBCS | Prodrive Springs | 1-4 Helical PPG's | Pro Tuned by Mike @ GSTMotorsports 319 whp / 317 wtq @ 20 PSI |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast