buying my first wrx but there is a problem

This is a discussion on buying my first wrx but there is a problem within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; the guy im thinking of buying this car off of had his window shattered and his head unit stolen. my ...

buying my first wrx but there is a problem

the guy im thinking of buying this car off of had his window shattered and his head unit stolen. my question is what would be the best fix. a new head unit from a dealer, or an aftermarket head unit. i personaly wouldnt think the aftermarket unit would be best because that is a huge whole where the stock one used to be. there would have to be some major spacers within correct. please help. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MIND set View Post
    the guy im thinking of buying this car off of had his window shattered and his head unit stolen. my question is what would be the best fix. a new head unit from a dealer, or an aftermarket head unit. i personaly wouldnt think the aftermarket unit would be best because that is a huge whole where the stock one used to be. there would have to be some major spacers within correct. please help. thanks
    jump on ebay and find a stock unit. you can get them cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I would go for an aftermarket head unit. They do sell double din head units but it is easy enough to purchase a single din and a din pocket with a door that will match the factory trim.

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...roducts_id=630

Good luck!

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

I Support ClubWRX
    Aftermarket plus pocket
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

if you plan on doing a major stereo system overhaul down the road, the aftermarket would be the best bet, but if you are going to mostly stay with the stock set up, then go with a factory 6 disc changer.

I have a 6 disc in mine but will change out the factory speakers with a better brand and add an amp. I did that in my 2005 WRX and it worked out great. I didnt need the complications of the aftermarket head unit to get good sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I'd go with an aftermarket head.

For the gaping hole you that is the other DIN slot you have 3 factory choices that I know of. The Forrester pocket mentioned above, the '04 STi black open pocket, and the '04 STi blank panel. The blank just says Subaru on it.

My car didn't come with a radio, so, I also have the blank, but I'd recommend the open pocket. Some people don't like the color match on the Forrester pocket.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.