Subwoofer may flies around in trunk .. how to prevent such a thing ...

This is a discussion on Subwoofer may flies around in trunk .. how to prevent such a thing ... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Well ... I coudn't get my sub mounted under my seat. I had to settle with throwing it in my ...

Subwoofer may flies around in trunk .. how to prevent such a thing ...

Well ... I coudn't get my sub mounted under my seat. I had to settle with throwing it in my trunk. Now that its in there it fly around because theres nothing to hold it onto. I used to run dual subs and those boxes would never move. Now that I have a single 10 it flys around the trunk and it scares me. Right now it's sitting in my back seat between the driver seat and the back seat on the floor. I'm pretty short so I move my seat up a good amount when I drive. Any way it's sitting there and actually sounds much better then it did in the trunk but I know it can't stay there. Any ideas on keeping that guy in place?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Double sided velcro tape......
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

+1.

walmart. Industrial strength.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

i have two 2x4's on the trunk floor one between the right rear wheel well and box and one from the box to the back of the trunk where the lock is.
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

I love the box in my car though. I've been driving all day with it behind my seat and its pretty SWEET. I dont know what I'm gonna do.

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    I just used some 90 degree shelf mounts from home depot and screwed it into the floor. Just make sure not to hit the gas tank!
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

Yeah, with all the sharp turns we subaru guys (and gals) love to make, there is NOTHING that will hold it down other than something like this.

Trust me, I tried everything.

Good luck - feel free to PM if you have any questions.

DON'T JUST SCREW IT, use lock washers and nuts on the other side. The vibrations will rattle it loose.

CHEERS
    SOLD: 2004 WR Blue WRX
    SOLD:2006 WR Blue Wrx - Perrin 25mm Front Sway + 22mm Rear Adjustable Sway and Kartboy Endlinks - Nitto Invo 225/45/17 - Opensource STG One.
    CURRENT: 2006 Legacy GT Limited - STOCK (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by dowright82 View Post
    Yeah, with all the sharp turns we subaru guys (and gals) love to make, there is NOTHING that will hold it down other than something like this.

Trust me, I tried everything.

Good luck - feel free to PM if you have any questions.

DON'T JUST SCREW IT, use lock washers and nuts on the other side. The vibrations will rattle it loose.

CHEERS
    that is a lot better than my setup. going to have to do some work tomorrow on my trunk since I have the day off.

did you use just two L brackets? did you just use the lock washers and nuts for the part that is on the trunk floor?
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

That's just screwed into the wooden/cardboard part of the floor, not the metal?
    Would it break if you tried to take it out with the amp/sub still on it if you needed to get the spare or something?
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

It wouldn't break, but it would be awkward - If I needed my spare, I would just unscrew the nuts/lock washers and put the sub in the back seat temporarily - sounds like more trouble than it is, really.

It is not in the metal at all - just the floor piece (which is a piece of crap) but it does the job keeping it secure no matter how hard you yank your car back and forth.

Lockwashers, plus nuts, plus L-brackets -
    SOLD:2006 WR Blue Wrx - Perrin 25mm Front Sway + 22mm Rear Adjustable Sway and Kartboy Endlinks - Nitto Invo 225/45/17 - Opensource STG One.

Quote Originally Posted by dowright82 View Post
    It wouldn't break, but it would be awkward - If I needed my spare, I would just unscrew the nuts/lock washers and put the sub in the back seat temporarily - sounds like more trouble than it is, really.

It is not in the metal at all - just the floor piece (which is a piece of crap) but it does the job keeping it secure no matter how hard you yank your car back and forth.

Lockwashers, plus nuts, plus L-brackets -
    Thats bolted onto the cover for the spare tire?

yup, works great and has for about a year now.