PLEASE HELP ME with advice

This is a discussion on PLEASE HELP ME with advice within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; i have the sub and amplifier ready for my wrx , all i need is the wiring kit [30 $ ...

Banned

PLEASE HELP ME with advice

i have the sub and amplifier ready for my wrx , all i need is the wiring kit [30 $ ] and installation .. i jus called a car stereo place and said the installation would be 150 $ ... that seems high to me or am i wrong ? let me kno what u guys think

ps .. i want it done professionally done so it looks clean and what not

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea that seems a bit high, but not too unreasonable. They will rape you up the @ss with installation charges. It's really not that difficult to install yourself and make it look clean and professional. There's tons of guides and whatnot online that show you how to do it. But hey, that's up to you. Good luck.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

work mobile install for best buy and we only charge 70bucks for an amp install
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

Banned
    I hate best buy.

Banned
    yeah ... i thought wiring kit + installation for 150 $ was lil high .. i was thinkin 100-125 .. ne more advice .. i dont want to deal with puttin it in myself .. i want it put in professionally so i never have to worry about it not working

Banned
    one more thing ... i have an 05 wrx .. i think they updated the system compared to the 04 wrx .. i have a 600 Watt amp and subwoofer ... thhey wont blow out my speakers or nething right ?

I think $150- is a little high. My work charges $100-$125 for sub amp install depending on model of car and $125-$150 for a 4-channel amp install depending on model of car.

Banned
    what bout my 05 stock speakers, they can handle a 600 w amp/sub right?

Quote Originally Posted by subz View Post
    what bout my 05 stock speakers, they can handle a 600 w amp/sub right?

Depends on what type of settings you run on your HU.... The amp and sub have nothing directly to do with the door components....
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

I blew out a speaker because I was trying to turn the stock HU too high. 30 I think. From what the tech guy at Crutchfield.com said, you're more likely to blow out a speaker when you don't have enough power going to that speaker. That is, you try to turn up the volume too high and the HU puts out all sorts of distortion. It's that random sound/distortion that blows the speaker then. If you have a good amp putting power to the speakers, you can get the speakers loud enough to your taste without cranking the volume loud enough to blow the speakers.
    Batmobile: 2002 WRX wagon RIP