Subwoofer underseat (non OEM)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subwoofer underseat (non OEM) within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Looking to see if any one has pictures of a sub woofer installed under ether front seat. My trusty car ...

Subwoofer underseat (non OEM)

Looking to see if any one has pictures of a sub woofer installed under ether front seat. My trusty car audio/video vendor was able to get me some slim line 10 inch subs. Supposed to be pretty good (I'll take photos when they come in next week). Now I was going to throw them in the truck, but now I'm thinking I want them under my front seats. I haven't seen many photos of the OEM sub woofer and was wondering if I made a box to mimic that, or even purchased a broken one maybe I can modify it for the 10. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the problem an oem one is the sud is like 6" and the box has the amp in it to, but I think you could make a custom box easy
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

I need to get some good photos of the mounting. I don't have an idea of how to mount it. Didn't want to make this a week long project or something. I wanted to be able to knock it out in a day. Thats why I wanted to get some specs before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mello View Post
    I need to get some good photos of the mounting. I don't have an idea of how to mount it. Didn't want to make this a week long project or something. I wanted to be able to knock it out in a day. Thats why I wanted to get some specs before hand.
    I have one in my car and can get pics tonight but till then I'll look around to see if I can find any
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

I found the install manual if you want it http://www.thel7.com/Accessory%20Ins..._subwoofer.pdf
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

From the looks of the pictures in the PDF (thanks btw) the unit just mounts using that small bracket and thats it. No removing of the seats or anything like that seems to be necessary, which is good cause I wanted to avoid that. Do you think its possible to get measurements of the unit for me? I can build mine around those measurements.

I'd like to see pictures of it installed when/if you get it done. Thanks. I hope it turns out well.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

I Support ClubWRX
    SUBSCRIBE

Thinkin bout same thing. 2 8/10" pioneer slims. 500watts under your seats... that will sound so much better than that in trunk b.s.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Im very interested to see how this turns out as well.... subscribed
    2006 CGM WRX Wagon...
    -TXS Axle back
    -SPT intake
    -STi Wagon Pinks, Whiteline RSB, Poltec fronts

Some good and bad news ... The sub I got turned out to be too large for under seat mounting. It COULD fit .. if we forced it but then would most likely sound like crap. Also its a pretty beefy sub and the pressure and constant thumping heard/felt in the cabin may cause headaches after awhile. I did however run my amp wires and will be installing my amp under my passenger seat tomorrow once I have the mounting rack made. I'll post pictures of everything in the next day or so.

I Support ClubWRX
    damn.. you didn't get Pioneer slims did you??
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    damn.. you didn't get Pioneer slims did you??
    No, a company called Kole. There pretty mean subs.
    My amp will be installed tomorrow, my new radio will be coming in as well. The old one (seen in the photos below) didn't work with the stock brackets. It EASILY could have with modification but I didn't want to turn my car into a project.

EDIT: I have 2 Kole Audio subs, one I'm using the other is for sale. My vendor could only sell them to me in pairs so now I have an extra I need to get rid of. Also the 4 inch touch screen seen in the photo is available as well. PM me for more information.
    Last edited by Mello; 03-01-2007 at 07:06 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Damn... those things are thick. So if you could fit those underneath, pioneer slims won't be a challenge at all. Nice
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Damn... those things are thick. So if you could fit those underneath, pioneer slims won't be a challenge at all. Nice
    You can physically fit them under the seat, but they require a foot a cubic volume to perform well. I'm sure you can mount them in less, but I'm not sure how sound quality would be effected.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.