Quality,cheap, easy to install sound system, need help

This is a discussion on Quality,cheap, easy to install sound system, need help within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi Everyone I recently purchased a 2006 WRX TR. The sound system sucks I am not into deep vibrating base, ...

Quality,cheap, easy to install sound system, need help

Hi Everyone

I recently purchased a 2006 WRX TR. The sound system sucks I am not into deep vibrating base, but I do enjoy good quality sound. As I have never worked with car audio before, I thought I would throw my ideas at you and here some feedback/advice.

Goals
    1) Good quality sound
    2) Decent bass, nothing huge though
    2) Navigation System
    3) Factory look(I don't want any broken windows)
    4) Something I can install on my own(with your help of course)
    5) Reasonably priced

Here are the components I am thinking about.

Deck: Eclipse AVN 5500.
    # 6.5" TOUCH SCREEN CONTROL TFT
    # 50W x 4 HIGH POWER
    # DUAL SLOT DVD/CD DRIVE
    # DVD-VIDEO/AUDIO/MP3/WMA DECODER
    # DVD-R/DVD-RW/CD-R/CD-RW PLAYBACK
    # DUAL PREOUTS AND SUBWOOFER : 5 VOLTS
    # CD CHANGER CONTROL
    # SIRIUS SAT READY
    # iPOD READY
    # HD RADIO READY

Speakers: I'll just replace the 2 front speakers for now, they are 6.5" right?
    KAPPA63.7I
    6-1/2" three-way loudspeaker
    Power Handling, RMS: 75 Watts
    Power Handling, Peak: 225 Watts
    Sensitivity: 95dB
    Frequency Response: 45Hz - 25kHz
    Mounting Depth: 2-3/16"
    Impedance: 2 Ohms

Bass: I really would like the hidden look of the subwoofer/amplifier you can buy from subaru(it fits under the front car seat), I can't seem to find any reviews though.

So, thats the system I have in mind. If I buy this, will the components work well together and will I be able to figure out the installation on my own? Suggestions to use different parts?

Thanks In advance
    AFrieze

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you really want to do a screen with nav., I would suggest that you get one that is a hard drive based nav. system. The perks are that the hard drive will give you information much quicker, and you will be able to watch a DVD and use the nav. at the same time. The eclipse version is the AVN 5495 for a double din and the AVN 7000 for a flip out. There are other brands that have the hard drive based systems for cheaper, but the nice thing about the eclipse is that there is not remote mounted brain. It is just one piece and the only thing that you will really have to run is the antenna for the nav and sat radio.
    As far as speakers if you want to do 6.5 in the fron then you have to buy or make spacers for them. I made mine and it is not to hard, but if you are looking for the easiest way possible then I would just buy spacers. Also if you are not going to be amping the front those speakers will be to big for the deck to make them sound right.
    Last edited by devilduck54; 02-05-2007 at 11:01 AM.