my stock cd changer stopped working this am

This is a discussion on my stock cd changer stopped working this am within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I own an 04 WRX with the factory 6 disc cd changer. This morning on my way to work I ...

my stock cd changer stopped working this am

I own an 04 WRX with the factory 6 disc cd changer. This morning on my way to work I was listening to one of my cd's when the CD stopped and ejected itself. All the other CD's would not work and ejected when I tried to play them as well. It is cold this morning but it has been colder so I do not think temperature had anything to do with it. The radio still works. Any body have any ideas what the problem is?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tfaz View Post
    I own an 04 WRX with the factory 6 disc cd changer. This morning on my way to work I was listening to one of my cd's when the CD stopped and ejected itself. All the other CD's would not work and ejected when I tried to play them as well. It is cold this morning but it has been colder so I do not think temperature had anything to do with it. The radio still works. Any body have any ideas what the problem is?
    thats a puzzle for the sakes of trying disconnect the battery, press the brake peddle several times till it firms up and let the battery disconnected for about 20 minutes then hook it back up to see if that will reset what ever is going on but if it comes to it you can always pick up a used 6-disk for pretty cheap on here or ebay
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

My CD player was not working when I purchased my car used and I had it replaced under warrenty. Is yours still in?
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    At least you got your disc back out of it. If you want to try resetting just pull the fuse. If you pull the battery without having another 12V source your ECU will also reset and anything else you have that relies on power for a memory function will lose it too.

A replacement headunit isn't expensive and there are also aftermarket double-dins or single din plus a din pocket from Subaru's parts bin.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p View Post
    My CD player was not working when I purchased my car used and I had it replaced under warrenty. Is yours still in?

My car's basic warranty expired in November. I just went out to my car and tried to put in a CD and it worked fine. I normally park my car outside and it has been colder than usually lately. However I have never had problems with the cd player before today. I am wondering if I have some type of loose connection. Thank you for all of the replies. Besides this my car has been bulletproof. I have the short throw shifter, faux carbon fiber trim and the subwoofer upgrade.
    Last edited by tfaz; 01-23-2007 at 09:53 AM.