Favorite/best Speakers?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Favorite/best Speakers? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I want to throw some new speakers in my car. Im going to have the backs cut for 6 1/2. ...

Favorite/best Speakers?

I want to throw some new speakers in my car. Im going to have the backs cut for 6 1/2. What are peoples thoughts on good 6 1/2 speakers? I will have a 4 channel, 300 watt amp and i want to spend around $200 ($100 per pair)not counting installation

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump it up!

So are you saying your gonna have 6 1/2 in the front and the rear? The rears hold 5 1/4, which make just enough sound, but more power to you (no pun intended). To answer your question, i think Infinity makes great speakers. Their Kappa Perfect series is the best, so if you had 6.5 component speakers in the front doors, and 6.5 2/3 ways in the rears, it would sound pretty amazing. Bass response is very good, but their no subwoofer. Of course, to make them sound good, you'll need a good (not just high power) amplifier. Look towards Elemental Designs or Alpine for good quality amps.
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Focal or Boston + JL power FTW!

You get what you pay for...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Forgot to mention i will have a JL W7 for the sub. What would the infinity kappa's cost?

phoenix gold amp and diamond audio components ftw
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

If you want good speakers that can handle power then you are going to have to spend more then a 100 per set. If you are looking at finding speakers that you can put in there and do not have to power them with an amo you can try the JL TR, but even those are over a 100 dollars a set. As far as the best I would have to lean toward Focal, but they are expensive.

I do want good speakers but i dont want amazing. its like my car, i would love to have an ENZO but its just not in the deck of cards. hahaha I just dropped like $700 on amp and sub so im not dying to go spend a ton more at the moment. Thanks for the feedback, ive been looking at those JL's online and have been considering them!

What size of W7 did you get and what amp are you going to be running on it?

gk1
    I just put in a new Pioneer deck and all rev series components. 6 1/2 up front and 5 1/4 in the rears with iaperformance spacers. Definitely buy the spacers they made a huge difference in time. I was gonna cut my own but saw those and figured $40 for a t hour time saver was worth it. With the time saved on that i dynamatted all my doors. Every one should remember to dynamat your doors while you have them opened up anyway. I bought the dynamat extreme trunk kit, and have one sheet left, it comes with 5 and its about 1 per door more or less.

The only problem you will have it when you want to cut the rear component tweater location to install it.if you look at the back of the rear door panel there is a circular marking onthe door from molding i guess, the tweet fits right above that. At least on my car.

As for the rev series pioneers they are not cheapies, about 180 for the 6.5 and about 160 for teh 5.25s. They are on teh bright side like most component speakers, but sound very nice.

Just as a side note, it took me 12 hours total for the headunit/sat and dynamat and speakers install. Dynamat is a *****, and these doors are a pain with the locking mechanism.

my .02

i like the diamond audio components, matter of fact i have a set of them sitting in my shed lol. the kappas are a great speaker but are gonna run you more than 100 bucks a pair. the alpine type r's would be close to your price at about 130 a pair but thier depths might be too much for your door. good luck man
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

Okay I'm confused. I'm getting new speakers put in my car tomorrow (including an Eclipse DVD/Navi unit), and the guy at this shop I'm doing it through (which is quite reputable) told me my car has 5 1/4's up front and 4 in. speakers in the rear doors. I have an '06. Were they different in the older models? I'm just wanting to make sure I'm getting the right size speakers put in my car.
    2006 WRB Impreza WRX TR
    -Cobb stg.2
    -Eclipse AVN 6600 In dash DVD/NAV

gk1
    all of the wrx's came with 5 1/4 up front and 4 in the rear. any new speakers you install will require spacers if you want to go bigger. go to www.iaperformance.com and go to the subie/ stereo section and get yourself a set of front and rear spacers. I have 6.5 and 5.25 in my car and tehy fit with no problems.

gk1
    Also every fitment guide i have seen everywhere says that 5 1/4 and 4 in are all that can fit, but with the spacers just about everything fits. With the front spacer kit, you can fit some deep speakers. He is telling you fits stock without spacing. if you go with components and want to mount the crossover, there is a space under the arm rest that works perfectly as well.

On the rear doors there is an opening at the bottom of the door right next to the speaker that i stuffed my crossover into perfectly. Nothing hits, and i didnt have to trim the rear of the front door panels like some people have to because of the speaker excursion.

JL and Boston Acoustic are prehaps the best out there. Theres so much performance, and sound competition buys out there, but for clarity and everyday use those are the best. I am a fan of diamond, and crossfire...but having spent over 45000 dollars in sound equipment in 4 different vehicles, jl subs and boston acoustic interiors have been the best I've ever spent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast