My New AUDIO Setup!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My New AUDIO Setup! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey guys & gals....finished instaling my new system and have soome pics. The sound is phenominal! The subs in the ...

My New AUDIO Setup!

Hey guys & gals....finished instaling my new system and have soome pics. The sound is phenominal! The subs in the the trunk were causing the back panel/dash to rattle so i wedged some t-shirts in the wholes underneath and it went away. I installed a DDX6019 head Unit, which i love.....thinking about eventually getting the navigation for it and possibly the Tv Tuner and bluetooth all seperate and additional money of course. I ran Clarion Compnent Speakers in the Doors (SSR1324-"5Inch" 2 Ways 120watts)(SRS1684-"6Inch Coaxial" 160watts), 2- Polk Audio 12Inch Subs...... all powered by Eclipse Amplifiers (Eclipse 32440-80watt-4channel) (Eclipse DA6213-1100watt-2channel). I had to get a piece of plywood cut it wrap it and mount the amplifiers, and i purchased my box off of ebay. Take a look let me know what you think..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Head Unit.jpg   Trunk Sub 1.jpg   Trunk Sub 2.jpg  
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    Perrin Catless UP,Invidia Catted DP,
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #77"Where 06 & 07 Unite"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pretty sweet.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    looks great !
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

a little secret for you. That cord you have running to the glove box... if you take out the cigarette tray (pops out) there will be a hole. Now if you take the cord and run it into that hole, fish around, and it will poke out by the passengers feet. From there you can run it under the dash and in the back of the glovebox. Much cleaner.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Thanks Guys, im gald you like it, the sound is great. Downxshift, thanks for the info, i was going to do that but just ran out of the glove box as a quick fix.......i ordered a carrier or docking station off of ebay for my Creative M and intend on running the cable throug the ashtray. I also am going to do my own fabrication for the docking station....i read a thread on how someone took a piece of aluminum rod and mounted it thinking about placing on passenger side, will look alot cleaner! I have attached a picture of what im thinking about....should look so cleaner! The red would be the aluminum rod or sheet metal. Thinking about getting some cheesy CF to wrap the rod and docking station in......but who knows.....
    Trunk Space is limited but the box is easily removable, when i decide on taking the car to the track.....but who needs trunk space anywayz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Head Unit-Modified.JPG  
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2

you should splice all your power cords into the back for your cig lighter, ie radar detector. its pretty easy on 06+'s
    that headunit looks great... im really regretting not getting a double din deck

Yeah i was just talking about hard wiring the radar detector to the guys at work....just have a few questions......is it easy to get the wire down the front counsole or behind the dash....or will i inccur alot of scratches and gashes on my hand? Also is it necessary to throw a fuse on it just incase when i hard wire?
    Double Din Head Units are the best! If you live in jersey i know a spot where you can get the Alpine AVX706 double din for $550.00, my cousin just picked one up for his Denali...just to let you know it retails $700.00. I recommend a double din for everyboday, you wont be disappointed.
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2

do you feel the extra weight from the subs?

does your car feel any slower?

i want subs but i don't want the extra weight edit:and i still want a trunk that i can use
    did you have the box ported into the cabin from your arm rest?..that would take care of alot of your rattles from the trunk.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

The weight of the subs inst bad, your talking about maybe a 50-75lbs box, nothing too crazy or to heavy. Naah I actually didnt use the armrest to port, the box is actually a sealed box, i didnt want loose bass, i mostly listen to rap and hip hop, and r&b so i wanted a more adult music appreciated sound instead of just straight bass and no highs.
    I couldnt use the arm rest also due to the fact i had to cut that ply wood in the right shape in order to mount the amplifiers, but i guess i could cut out a notch for it. But i would recommend some subs and component speakers for anyone.
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2

Nice setup

Quote Originally Posted by INFARED View Post
    Yeah i was just talking about hard wiring the radar detector to the guys at work....just have a few questions......is it easy to get the wire down the front counsole or behind the dash....or will i inccur alot of scratches and gashes on my hand? Also is it necessary to throw a fuse on it just incase when i hard wire?
    Double Din Head Units are the best! If you live in jersey i know a spot where you can get the Alpine AVX706 double din for $550.00, my cousin just picked one up for his Denali...just to let you know it retails $700.00. I recommend a double din for everyboday, you wont be disappointed.
    I've hard wired 3 detectors now, one in my new wrx, one on my old TDI jetta, and one on my dad's wrx. All the ones i've done the detector got mounted above the rear view mirrors, then i ran the wire stuffed into the edge where the window meets the roof to the left A pillar, then down under the steering wheel above the pedals (theres lots of nice areas to run wires there safely, just make sure they cant get loose and interfere with the pedals), then to the back of cig lighter. its easy to get at the back of the cig lighter as you've probably seen. then get two wire tap-ins from radioshack and tap into the cig lighter wires.

for where you mounted, im sure you can just run the wires at the bottom of the windshield just like i did a the top, no problem. i wouldn't try going directly down through the dash, but im sure it can be done. probably go look how people wired and hooked up gauges where the clock goes.

when i get back home ill take some pics for you if you need

as for fuses... my newest detector came with another cord for hardwiring that had a fuse in-line. the other two i've done didn't. the cig lighter has a fuse that will protect your car wiring, but not your detector. you can buy inline fuses if u want to protect your detector.

i live in wichita, not very close to NJ
    Last edited by Lithoss; 12-28-2006 at 11:52 AM.

Lithios thanks for the info, if you could send pics on how you did it that would be great, seeing someone elses work is always inspiring!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the link on the Tap ins. Do the tap-ins make my cigarette lighter inoperable, not that i care....just curious, plus i havent grasped the concept of how to tap in.
    If you are interested in the head unit, like seriously interested! NO BS! Let me know. ill PM you in a minute or so.....
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2

Quote Originally Posted by INFARED View Post
    Lithios thanks for the info, if you could send pics on how you did it that would be great, seeing someone elses work is always inspiring!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the link on the Tap ins. Do the tap-ins make my cigarette lighter inoperable, not that i care....just curious, plus i havent grasped the concept of how to tap in.
    If you are interested in the head unit, like seriously interested! NO BS! Let me know. ill PM you in a minute or so.....
    nope, tap-ins just tap into (lol) the existing lines. you cig lighter will still be perfectly operable.

how they work is they have two long cavities/holes. one side, you just pop onto the existing wire in parrellel i guess would be the best way to describe it. then you insert the end of the wire you're adding into a second hole beside the first. next, you get needle-nose pliers or similar and squeeze a metal crimp that is set in the middle of the tap-in which cuts through both wires, connecting them and holds them in place. after, its a good idea to wrap each tap-in seperately with a bit of electrical tape just as a precautionary measure.

they aren't great for high voltage or current (infact, its a very bad idea because the plastic they are made of isn't very heat resistant), but for small stuff like radar detectors and gauges they're perfect.
    Last edited by Lithoss; 12-28-2006 at 01:50 PM.

nice head unit. It got Navi and DVD?

The head Unit plays WMA,DVD,CD,MPEG,DIVX.....unfortunately the Navigation is seperate and additional cost.
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.