Ipod Hook Up - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Ipod Hook Up within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Just installed my jazzy aux board and it works great. I tapped into the 12v acc wire from the head ...

Just installed my jazzy aux board and it works great. I tapped into the 12v acc wire from the head unit but I think that there is a power cache cause there is still power to the ipod for several minutes. I am thinking of changing the power source to the cigarette light power wire. Other then that the install was really easy. I am also thinking of putting a y splitter so that i can use other devices besides my ipod(if i ever get one)
    Last edited by drifter3060; 08-16-2007 at 01:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so i am new to this forum, the WRX world and my wagon and i am reviving this thread to make sure this Jazz Engineering kit is still the only and best way to hook up my iPod to the factory head unit with 6-disc changer

thanks...

I just installed the jazzy two weeks ago. Just follow the directions and you will be fine. I got the pro kit so I had to hook up the ground and power wires also, but no big deal. I ran the audio (Ipod) wires to the center armrest compartment. I did have to notch the bottom of the armrest but this way I can leave my Ipod in there when I go in a store or something. My only problem is it doesn’t work with a 1st gen Ipod. I mean I can hook it up to the headphone jack but not the Ipod hook up. If I hook it up to the Ipod hook up then my Ipod just freezes until I unplug it. It works fine with my wife’s newer nano so I’m guessing it has something to do with the newer technology of the old Ipods vs the old ones. I guess I will just get a newer Ipod later down the road. The sound quality is great though.

Keith

06 silver wagon (my family wagon)
    Last edited by kwil666; 09-12-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xjamesx View Post
    so i am new to this forum, the WRX world and my wagon and i am reviving this thread to make sure this Jazz Engineering kit is still the only and best way to hook up my iPod to the factory head unit with 6-disc changer

thanks...
    I am in the same situation. I have a 2005 WRX, and have been using an FM transmitter with my various ipods over the past 4 years.. and I just can't stand them anymore. Music is a huge part of my life and the low max volume, poor quality, and constant static and or station changes just aren't cutting it anymore.

I have a second generation ipod touch, and am trying to find the best way to hook it up to the factory stereo. I've checked out the jazzy engineering silent cd deal, but it's been a few years since the first posts in this thread about it and I was just curious if there is any newer or more clean way to go about directly connecting my mp3 player to the stereo presently or is the jazzy engineering still the best way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by kcstarr2005 View Post
    I am in the same situation. I have a 2005 WRX, and have been using an FM transmitter with my various ipods over the past 4 years.. and I just can't stand them anymore. Music is a huge part of my life and the low max volume, poor quality, and constant static and or station changes just aren't cutting it anymore.

I have a second generation ipod touch, and am trying to find the best way to hook it up to the factory stereo. I've checked out the jazzy engineering silent cd deal, but it's been a few years since the first posts in this thread about it and I was just curious if there is any newer or more clean way to go about directly connecting my mp3 player to the stereo presently or is the jazzy engineering still the best way to go?
    I also tried using bluetooth transmitters and had no luck, staticy, etc. The jazzy engineering seemed to be the best option for me while having a factory radio. I just upgraded to an aftermarket deck, so i do not need my input kit anymore. Its a standard input kit from jazzy engineering. PM me if your interested in it.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Yeah I love it, the sound quality is good and it was really easy to install.

Keith Wilson

hello i just joined because i'm trying to do just this. however i have a 2007 wrx tr and the jazzy says it only goes to 2006. does anyone know if it will work with mine and if not if I have any other options to get an aux-in line without replacing the factory stereo? thanks

Wow, I just purchased the exact same car: 2007 WRX TR. I guess this thread is dead but I figured I'd just throw a "seconded" out and move on. I guess WRX's are old news and since newer models have usb ports, the 2007's get left in the dust.

I'm willing to bet the 06 and 07 stereo's are the same or close to it. On Jazzy's page it lists the years/stereos and by each it shows a product code, from what it looks to me, this is the code that should be on the stereo (notice how the 05/06 legacys show the same code accept for the last letter...). I'm willing to bet if you pulled out your factory stereo you'd find a code on it that you could match to the one on Jazzy's site...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.