Ipod Hook Up - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ipod Hook Up within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by ed1371 LOL got the SAME set up as you... I installed my jazzy board months ago and ...

Quote Originally Posted by ed1371 View Post
    LOL got the SAME set up as you... I installed my jazzy board months ago and it sounded great but was a bit quiet, so i got the same belkin charger/inline amp you have there... made a HUGE difference in volume/sound running it from the data port from the Ipod... I ran my wires all through the center console with the belkin tunedock (cupholder dock) and it looks and sounds very clean... my advice if you want to keep your stock stereo:

get a Jazzy board, its easy to install.. really...
    get the belkin auto kit

and the tunedock works well too...
    yeah I thought the same thing when i got the charger thing... But I need a filter to keep the alternator whine out Its not too bad though. Any pics of your setup?
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok!
    This weekend is the install day. GOt the pro Kit.

Some questions:

Any problems removing the shift cover?

Any problems opening the different stereo components?

I will fix the Jboard inside the radio with some tape

Any obvious way out for the cable?

Where did you connect the red and black wires to recharge the ipod?

Let me know all that went wrong during your installation if you can...

Thank you!

Wait. Wait. Wait. All this installation for this jazzy board thing and it doesn't even provide a chargine mechanism. Sound quality aside, which I understand is a great improvement, the big thing for me is to regain my cigarette lighter freedom. I need it for my cell.

If this is the case, belkin adapter aside, providing you just charged your ipod in the house, how does the jazzy board wire connect to the ipod....through the earphone jack?
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

well if you wire the cables before the lighter, inside the panel, you'll have the plug free...
    I would guess that the output is trought the headphones jack or the usb plug?

Awesome product Jazzy.

Installed the board in 2 hours or so...taking it really easy. Just one thing that is not mentioned in the instructions: To remove the front panel you need to dislodge two clips at the top of the panel with a flat screwdriver, to avoid damaging the plastic panel I placed tape on the edges.
    Remove also the cover around the hand brake to work better when you place the wires.

The sound quality is CD like, also for my SIrius that now sounds WAY better thann before on FM.

Not being expert at all I didn't comnnected the AC in to recharge the ipod. Where should I connect the cables? Red on the red one of the lighter and where should I attach the ground?

Thanks

Pics coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GateWRXING View Post
    Wait. Wait. Wait. All this installation for this jazzy board thing and it doesn't even provide a chargine mechanism. Sound quality aside, which I understand is a great improvement, the big thing for me is to regain my cigarette lighter freedom. I need it for my cell.

If this is the case, belkin adapter aside, providing you just charged your ipod in the house, how does the jazzy board wire connect to the ipod....through the earphone jack?
    you can buy the pro ipod kit, thats what i got, i just havent installed it yet. it comes with a connection to play and charge the ipod at the same time. you just connect a power and ground wire for it. I also went to bestbuy and got a bracketron mount kit. it comes with a metal bracket and a few different mounting mechanisms to allow you to mount the ipod almost anywhere. I havent figured out where im gonna mount it yet

im thinking about hooking up my drive + play to the jazzy board, any suggestions

some mock up pics

-05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

I got everything installed today and it looks awesome! The ipod has a permanent mount spot on the right side of the stereo from a universal mount kit, and I got the pro kit from jazzy so I not only play music but charge my ipod as well, it was a super easy install and it took longer to get the stereo out because some of the wires were stuck, then it did to take the stereo apart install the board and put it back together again. I will try and get some photos of the mount so everyone can see!

God bless our troops overseas, EZ pass, and Jazzy Engineering.

Jazzy, you make a great product that addresses a real commercial need out there. The website, the payment, the delivery: all were very professional. You answered my technical questions very quickly. Thank you.

Install went well. Instructions were clear. Sounds crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlurr View Post
    Not being expert at all I didn't comnnected the AC in to recharge the ipod. Where should I connect the cables? Red on the red one of the lighter and where should I attach the ground?
    BlueBlurr - I installed both the hot and the ground wires into the cigarette lighter (obviously red - red, black - black). I didn't even bother with splicing or soldering. The existing wires that feed the cigarette lighter pop out; there are clips on the end. I just popped them out, positioned my ipod-charging-wires into the clips, and then re-inserted the clips. If done right, the pressure exerted by the clips when they're in place should hold the wires where they are. It may not be the most professional install but it works.

This topic has been well documented but if anyone still has any questions about the installation, I'd be happy to share my experiences.

bump because even though i have a ddx7017 this looks interesting

Bump

I'm just about to order this for my 05 WRX and I had a few quesitons:

I'm going to get the Pro-kit that includes the charger. Is there anything other than that kit that I need to buy? The directions mention something about a stereo patch cord and it being nice to have a thin one. What will I need that isn't included in the kit?

Where did everyone route the wires? Is the ashtray the best location?

TIA.
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by SubieNewbie View Post
    God bless our troops overseas, EZ pass, and Jazzy Engineering.

Jazzy, you make a great product that addresses a real commercial need out there. The website, the payment, the delivery: all were very professional. You answered my technical questions very quickly. Thank you.

Install went well. Instructions were clear. Sounds crystal clear.

BlueBlurr - I installed both the hot and the ground wires into the cigarette lighter (obviously red - red, black - black). I didn't even bother with splicing or soldering. The existing wires that feed the cigarette lighter pop out; there are clips on the end. I just popped them out, positioned my ipod-charging-wires into the clips, and then re-inserted the clips. If done right, the pressure exerted by the clips when they're in place should hold the wires where they are. It may not be the most professional install but it works.

This topic has been well documented but if anyone still has any questions about the installation, I'd be happy to share my experiences.
    Awesome. I'll do that Thanks dude.

ordered mine for my 06 yesterday!
    can't wait to get this happening!

Great Product!!!

I just finished installing the pro i-pod kit and I am very impressed. The directions were thorough, the install was easy, and the sound quality is unmatched. I would recommend the Jazzy board to anyone.

I ran the cable through the ashtray (like others above) and my ipod sits nicely in there. And when I'm not using it I can close the cover and you'd never know it's there. I love it!!!

i did mine a couple months ago Jazzy Engineering - iPod to stock radio
    there is an option for power to the ipod too, i ran mine off the cigarette lighter wire with a vampire tap for power, and grounded through a bolt somewhere. it works great and charges.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast